Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insurance for day skiing trip

Poster: A snowHead
I'll be doing the odd days ski trip travelling from Lausanne & am thinking about insurance I will need for this. Should I buy insurance with the ski lift company? That looks the cheapest. I don't know which actual days I'll be skiing, depending on snow. I have EHIC card & Easyjet insurance but that's it. Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That is what I would do, but read the terms and conditions first.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
OK thanks. Verbier costs 5 francs a day for insurance so makes sense I guess
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sounds like the easiest and most straight forward option. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ElizabethLizzyLiz, what are you looking to insure, exactly? From the Verbier website, it says:

You can purchase ski insurance with the lift company. Snow Assist covers you for the refund of lift-pass, refund of ski lessons, refund of ski rental costs, refund of rescue costs by ambulance and helicopter and third-party liability.

Basically it seems more geared towards Swiss residents who ski only occasionally to provide them with rescue insurance.

So really, this is covering your rescue in the event of an accident, but on a pay first and then be refunded basis (and TPL). If you have winter sports cover with your Easyjet insurance then you probably already have this (maybe even paid upfront). If you don't have winter sports cover with your Easyjet insurance, then I think you have a bit of a hole for medical expenses and repatriation. EHIC doesn't cover everything, e.g. reportedly not private clinics, which is often the only option in resort. In your case, I think you would be better of buying a single trip winter sports insurance from the UK.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Best not to buy that insurance then, as it is expensive and does not cover you for what you want completely. However, it is convenient to buy! (therefore you should buy it?)

I found the sales people who sell lift pass insurance do a terrible job of explaining what you are buying. They just ask you if you want "sans insurance" or not. This could be a possible case of misselling on a massive scale?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Easyjet insurance covers accidents but not sure if that includes winter sports? There is an extra option to pay for natural disaster...I'm thinking avalanche. I don't have my own gear, it will be rented.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ElizabethLizzyLiz, from the online policy wording (https://travelinsurance.easyjet.com/assets/policywording/easyJet%20Single%20Trip%20Policy%20Wording.pdf) it looks like you have to pay extra for winter sports as an add-on.

You are only covered for the winter sports in the below table if you have winter sports cover confirmed on your statement of insurance.

So if that isn't on your statement of insurance you don't have it, though you may well be able to add it on.

If you don't have winter sports cover skiing related accidents will not be covered. An avalanche is not a natural disaster. If you are skiing off-piste you should check the policy wording to see if you are covered off-piste and under what circumstances. If you are staying on piste there is no need to worry about it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The thing is when I go to the form there is no option for adding winter sports, trying to chat with them but no one available. Staying on piste. Thanks for info
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have a Platinum Mastercard which apparently has some travel insurance cover but not sure how good that is.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ElizabethLizzyLiz, take a good skier with you who can get you off the pistes and has a car to take you to a public hospital.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I might have one, snoozeboy has offered to drive me, he lives close to where I'll be.
It's sorted now, I bought Debenhams insurance with winter cover (extra £6) includes missed flight cover, 10 million medical cover etc all for £40 annual with a £15 gift card thrown in, in fact the annual was only £3 more than a single trip! No brainer.
Think I will buy the lift pass insurance on the day too just to be safe as I really don't want to cough up for a chopper ride Shocked
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ElizabethLizzyLiz, if we’re in e.g. Italy we now typically buy the local deal as it means no payment from us. And no excess.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
On another note Debenhams have a sale, good ski wear deals there.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I just did a check on one annual travel insurance supermarket online (the Debenhams deal was mentioned there too). The best price for the most basic annual mult-trip insurance policy for me as an individual in Europe was £15.82. This was about £15 cheaper than the Debenhams policy, which had a £15 voucher to spend in Debenhams thrown in for free!

It does off piste insurance (provided you have a guide) and medical rescue. It is the cheapest cover for my ski kit at £300, which is probably more than I would get for my kit on ebay. (skis and poles are 16 years old, and boots are 11)

My word, there is some competition in this market. You have to check this out! At 5 euros for insurance at the lift pass per day, I would now probably avoid such a rip off!
snow report
Link for that please? I have to call Debenhams to declare my medical conditions today & I have a couple (asthma, hypothyroid) so I'm worried they might raise the price...if they do I may get a refund try elsewhere...@Bigtipper,
snow report
@ElizabethLizzyLiz, EHIC works fine in Verbier/Switz.
Buy the lift pass insurance and you have disaster situations covered.

I should know...broke my leg skiing in Verbier.
Pisteurs and Heli were covered by just showing the lift pass...no further paperwork.
Hospital etc cost the princely sum of £60...in total, I only had to show my EHIC, that was the end of that paperwork.

I cannot really see the point of trying to insure to cover that £60.
snow report
https://www.travelsupermarket.com/travel-insurance/enquiry/results?qr=65152749

112 results from £15.82

Multitrip.com £15.82
Coverwise £18.45
Cheaper travel insurance £18.79

were the three cheapest

Debenhams personal finance was £31.73 (but you got a special offer of a £15 gift card if you bought the annual multi-trip policy)

Obviously the terms and conditions were not the same. The Debenhams one had a slightly lower excess than the cheapest at £190, and more days per trip (42 compared to 35)
ski holidays
Thanks. I looked on a compare site, mine came up more pricey cos of my medical conditions, the post office came up cheapest for me.
snow report
I have no pre-existing medical conditions, but I have not tried to actually obtain these rates (they may be teasers like holiday websites that say one price until you actually have to pay)

However, I am severly tempted as the single trip policy on onthebeach.co.uk is about £11. It would be lunacy to buy that when I could have a multi-trip policy, with winter sports cover, for £4 more!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy