Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting skis from one Swiss resort to another (by post?)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a bag with 2 pairs of skis in the resort of Nendaz in the Valais, Switzerland. I will be leaving the resort In about 2 weeks to return a few weeks later to the resort of Crans Montana (on the other side of the valley).

I don’t really want to schlep my skis back and forward to the UK and won’t have time to take skis from one resort to the other when leaving.

Does the Swiss postal service offer a service to transfer skis? Being Switzerland I am sure it’s efficient but wonder if it’s worth the cost/effort?

Any advice/experience?

Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@1556garyt, you might get it through on bulky goods, would depend on the dimensions of your skis/bag:
https://www.post.ch/en/private/sending-mail-privat/private-domestic-parcels/postpac-economy-private
Bulky goods up to 30kg, 29 chf
Parcels are classed as bulky goods if one dimension exceeds 100 cm or two dimensions exceed 60 cm, or if the consignment has a tag or is unpackaged. Maximum dimensions for bulky goods: Length 250 cm, circumference and length together (2 x height + 2 x width + longest side) maximum 400 cm.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You can also use swiss rail. See: https://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/services/luggage-and-flight-luggage/luggage.html

We have used this a few times very successfully.

Many hotels will also collect your stuff from the railway and store ut until you arrive.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@SkiingQuinHat, you need a rail ticket to your destination to use the sbb service. Which will just add a little cost.
But it is very effective. I use it every year to get my race skis to Mürren. Pick up at home, drop off at hotel.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@1556garyt, how are you traveling back from Nendaz and to Crans?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks. Travelling to/from Nendaz in a small/full hire car. Skis are already in Nendaz so posting them across the valley when leaving sounds ideal.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I assume you are flying in/out of GVA? Sounds like the answer is to locate a Snowhead somewhere along the Rhone valley/N side of Lac Leman and exchange a spot in their garage for your duty free allowance.

I would be happy to make our cellar in Chatel available but it's a hour's detour so not all that convenient!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@1556garyt, I just had another look and I think they will take them even if over those dimensions.
From the "bulky consignments tab" here:
https://www.post.ch/en/business/a-z-of-subjects/designing-packaging-addressing/packaging-and-addressing-parcels/packaging-parcels?query=ski+versenden

Consignments weighing over 30 kg or exceeding the dimensions for bulky goods must be sent via the Swiss Post small consignment channel.
We also process the following as bulky goods: consignments with tags, sports and travel bags, cases of all kinds (with or without wheels, handles or other external grips), ring-shaped consignments, tyres and unpackaged consignments.

In principle we can transport bulky goods unpackaged (e.g. skis, tricycles, etc.).
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@1556garyt, as per @DJL‘s suggestion i’m 2 mins from the Vevey motorway junction and would happily store them for you if that’s of any use
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You want the private not business page.

Skis easily accommodated https://www.post.ch/en/private/sending-mail-privat/private-domestic-parcels/postpac-priority-private

Economy 2chf cheaper.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@DJL, @BobinCH, - thank you both for the extremely kind and generous offers. snowHead

I think I am going to go with the postal option as a) I only have a small car when leaving Nendaz b) I wouldn't want to inconvience you and c) if I send it by post it will be waiting on my arrival in Crans.

I am sure the postal service will becas efficient as everything else in Switzerland.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@1556garyt, the postal service is very much the most efficient thing in CH
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy