Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Faction Ski Ten5 or Line Sir Francis Bacon

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

For the past few years I've skied on Line Supernatural 100s unfortunately a rock in Val D'isere put them permanently out of action and so I'm in the market for a new ski.

I'm thinking about going for something slightly wider underfoot but still fully capable of being a fast charger.

I'm torn between Line Sir Francis Bacon as I am a massive fan of Line skis but Glisshop are selling FAction Ski Ten5s from last season cheap - https://www.glisshop.co.uk/alpine_ski/faction/ten5-105369.html.

Does anyone have any experience of the Ski Ten5s. Everything I've read seems positive and the value is definitely a but factor.

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There a suspicion that Faction skis are not built of the best stuff. There's also a suspicion that Line skis aren't either. So take yer pick. wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My supernaturals lasted me a season of hard graft and probably a little mistreatment but I absolutely loved the skis.

If you were after something the 105-110 mm range what would you recommend?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I like the idea of a ski that's called a Sir Francis Bacon

I'd buy it on those grounds.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They're pretty different skis. Haven't tried the Bacons but the Ten5s definitely fit the charger bill. Felt fairly 'traditional' from what I remember - not a slarver or smearer.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Concur with what @clarky999, said. I have a pair of Faction 9’s and they are very solid, relatively traditional shaped skis that go anywhere and feel very solid at speed. Suspect the ten5’s are very similar notwithstanding the additional width which would improve the off piste performance and detract slightly on piste.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bacons are not a fast charger. They are more of the playful poppy ilk.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy