Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BMC Alpine Ski Insurance - grumbles over cover after claim and better bet for this year

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A tail of disaster here to start off with! In January, I ventured out solo on a weeks off-piste course in Chamonix. Lunchtime Day two, whilst skiing on a green run down towards the Brevant cable car, I managed to collide with the top of my ski pole and fractured my orbital floor. Holiday cut rather short, and I somehow managed to get back home for surgery! I made a claim on my BMC Alpine Ski Insurance, which I have taken out for many years on an annual basis. However, the vast majority of the cost of my £1195 trip (plus flights!) was made up with the costs of the expert ski instruction. In insurance terms, this falls into 'Ski Pack'. The maximum claim for this was £250. In total, I managed to get the very small costs of medical expenses back (thank goodness for the E111!), and some accommodation costs, in total just over £400.

Does anyone know of any insurance that provides better cover for such trips? I looked last year, but out Ski Insurance seemed to provide the same rubbish level of cover. The off piste cover and rescue expenses, piste closures etc seem ok with the BMC insurance. I have written to them to express concern that the level of cover in the insurance this year has not changed.

Cheers, Zoe
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
carte neige covers actual costs of "ski lessons" booked with a ski school...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, thanks, but this was an instruction week with several independent instructors hired in for the course. Lots of other companies operate the same kind of thing, in different countries e.g. Warren Smith. I just wondered whether anyone else had a better ski insurance package. I'm pretty certain that I can't be alone in having this experience.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@gaschick, so if it was operated by a company... or if there were formal contracts with the instructors, I'd expect CN (or indeed, Carre Neige) to cover.

http://www.ffs.fr/pdf/carteneige/2018/NoticeInformation-DeclarationAccident2017-2018-en.pdf
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For me the primary purpose of ski insurance is to cover third party liability, and medical cover. When I was skiing off piste, BMC insurance was pretty good in those respects. Be careful that you don’t go for poorer insurance in important matters when, though it may be annoying, you can cover other aspects yourself.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy