Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lech hotels

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have our normal Bristol - Innsbruck flights booked for 21st Jan. Regular vistors to Gerlos/Zillertal but thinking about Lech for a change. 5 guys who are all a bit too old and choosy to share so want single rooms or doubles for single occupancy. As often happens. finding it hard to find availability. Budget around €150-175/night half board. Are we searching for the proverbial rocking horse poo? Any help from the Snowheads' massive gratefully received. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
try hotel montana in ober lech , very nice good sized rooms , great food and location
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Your arrival on Sunday is difficult. In Lech the saturday-saturday regime goes all season for most hotels. And in Lech this week is virtually considered high-season already.
And 150/175 euro half board in a double with single occupancy....very limiting
Search for the week from January Sat 20. Some available names coming up: Hotel Bianca (double room 1500 euro/week). Hotel Gradenburg double 1400 euro/week. Best prices in Lech, does not come more reasonable. You will need to get in touch personally to find out single-deals. And since you're needing 5 rooms....difficult.
You might consider hotel-garni/bed+breakfast. Always cheaper, and more choice.

Also; since you are coming from Gerlos/Zillertal, be aware that Lech does not offer "Austrian style apres ski"

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 27-11-17 21:43; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Does it have to be Lech? What about St Anton
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Why not look at SKi Total and VIP ski. Total have three hotels, one right beside a beginner slope and virtually in the centre of town, 1 the Elizabeth just a few minutes walk to the lifts, the other out of town which I would not recommend. (I managed 2. the Alexanda which was the best but the don't have that now. I think it's with a Dutch company. Check it out. It was a great place.) VIP have the Theodul which is great but a bit dearer. Also worth checking out the tourist office for the places mostly used by Austrian & German visitors. Lech is just about one of the BEST villages in the whole of the European Alps. I've skied on 3 continents over 80 resorts. Lech is the best, especially with the latest lifts in. Go for it. It suits the more mature responsible sophisticated visitor which you obviously are?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Would echo comments re Montana but would imagine above your budget. Have stayed there twice per credit crunch and went to the Hubertushof the year later in Stuben which would be in budget. Great hotel but nothing really to do at night in Stuben, whereas Lech would have a bit more life about it
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bergheim is fantastic at that price range - but I suspect they're fully booked.

I'm in the Omesburg this year (its sister hotel) and that may also be worth a try although perhaps out of budget range
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks to everyone for their comments and suggestions. Really think we might struggle to get what we want in such an obviously popular resort. Might leave it until after Xmas and hope for some desperate hoteliers wanting to show a group of 50 somethings a bit of charity Razz If not I think we might be stretching the search out to St Anton and Ischgl.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@red 27, OmesbErg Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy