Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lange & Rossignol duo ski boot bags... thoughts ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all - I’m looking for a cabin friendly ski boot bag (I know there are many threads on this... ) that I can also fit an insulated jacket, iPad and travel docs. Nothing too flashy or expensive so I’ve been looking at the two below:.

Lange duo ski boot bag
Rossignol hero dual boot bag

They look similar, I did think they were the same bar the colour/ branding but the Rossignol is listed as slightly heavier. I’ve seen a few complimentary comments about the Lange but not much on the Rossignol.

Has anyone used either or both and have any thoughts please ?.

I’m buying blind off the internet so I’d be interested if people can fit other bits in too or if they are strictly boots only as they do seem quite compact.

Cheers.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't think you can go far wrong for £25-30. I would go with the Lange as it is a lot more subtle.

Personally, I use a Dakine rucksack.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have the Lange version, nothing wrong with it especially for the price. I prefer to use my head bootpack as it is much easier to carry along with the rest of my luggage.
I have the previous years model to this one.
https://www.ldmountaincentre.com/ski-c26/luggage-c46/rucksacks-c54/head-allride-boot-backpack-p27266/s137761?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=head-allride-boot-backpack-grey-size-one-colour-grey-35497044010&utm_campaign=product%2Blisting%2Bads&cid=GBP&gclid=Cj0KCQiAjO_QBRC4ARIsAD2FsXP_7kCaSWsln-QES25FtY9_ZRQcw-bCZD3RWHDM58VXODcdga772qcaAkcLEALw_wcB

Similar price bracket
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replies.

I like the look of the Dakine rucksacks and they seem highly regarded but unfortunately they are too deep for BA (33 cm v 25 cm limit)

I've not seen that Head bootpack before and the dimensions look BA friendly. Do the boots sit side by side or '69' ?.

It looks side by side but I don't think that would fit the dimensions.

Thanks.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rusco wrote:
Thanks for the replies.

I like the look of the Dakine rucksacks and they seem highly regarded but unfortunately they are too deep for BA (33 cm v 25 cm limit)

I've not seen that Head bootpack before and the dimensions look BA friendly. Do the boots sit side by side or '69' ?.

Thanks.

I have had one for a few months and really like it, I confirm the following:

1. Boots are in a 69 configuration and in their own compartment so don't rub against each other
2. Shoulder strap, hand carry or back pack (straps disappear in to zipped compartment) style
3. Inner boot separator can be unzipped to make one large rectangular compartment
4. Zipped side pocket great for bits and bobs
5. A lot easier to stash boots in the over head with this configuration
6. Will probably not fit insulated jacket + boots but might be possible if you unzipped the inner separator

An excellent and well thought out piece of kit
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Rusco wrote:

Just going to say that I've taken a Dakine Boot Pack on no less than 9 BA flights and have yet to be denied it.

My experience of hand luggage is that there are so many people getting on board with wheeled suitcases which definitely challenge the size restriction, that if it fits on your back (and it's not obviously ridiculous like an SAS bergen or something) and looks like a backpack then you'll never be pulled up alongside people with wheeled luggage.

I think it's a great bag, I use it for trips to the fridge because I don't drive. The boots sit side by side which leaves enough room for a ski jacket inside. If you pack your socks and gloves inside the boots, you can get some thin goretex sallies in the front compartment, helmet goes in the top and you've got your whole day's gear in the bag.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Rusco wrote:
Thanks for the replies.

Thanks.

You may have your BA dimensions wrong......

From their site ---

"....1 handbag/laptop bag (max. 23kg / 51lb and up to 45 x 36 x 20cm / 18 x 14 x 8in) plus 1 additional cabin bag (max. 23kg / 51lb and up to 56 x 45 x 25cm / 22 x 18 x 10in)...."

A few extra CMs can make all the difference Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Rusco, when we flew last with boots we just used ordinary wheelie cabin baggage would certainly get paperwork and jacket in with. And you don’t have to buy dedicated luggage that you only use a few times a year...

(I do possess a boot pack but it dates to well before current onboard hand luggage restrictions ...)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
albob wrote:
Rusco wrote:
Thanks for the replies.

Thanks.

You may have your BA dimensions wrong......

From their site ---

"....1 handbag/laptop bag (max. 23kg / 51lb and up to 45 x 36 x 20cm / 18 x 14 x 8in) plus 1 additional cabin bag (max. 23kg / 51lb and up to 56 x 45 x 25cm / 22 x 18 x 10in)...."

A few extra CMs can make all the difference Smile

A few extra CMs is rarely a bad thing Very Happy

I read the dimensions as BA = L56 x W45 x D25 and the Dakine = L48 x W36 x D33 so in theory depth was going to be the deal breaker, although sounds in practice it might not be the case.

Thanks again for the replies and suggestions. I've just ordered the Head bag and look forward to trying it out.

Cheers
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have the duo. You can undo the inner zip to give you extra room. I stuff sock, gloves, a pair of undies, 1 pair of base layers into the boots and then my she'll jacket and pants into the end no problem. Spot on and don't have to worry if my hold back is delayed as I have all I need to get on the mountain. Has backpack straps as well as shoulder strap. Lasted 4 years now and still like new
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I use the Salomon Go-To-Snow Gearbag. Stupid name, but a great bit of luggage. There is a separate (and snow proof) compartment for each boot in a 'ying-yang' layout so they don't take up too much space and balance nicely against your back when you carry it wearing both shoulder straps. Another compartment which is big enough for some clothing; I regularly carry salopettes, a jacket, gloves, etc. Another compartment is big enough for a laptop. Then there are a couple of smaller pockets, one soft-lined for goggles, the other is for wallets and small items. If you stuff it completely full it would be outside hand luggage dimensions (although I've never been stopped from boarding when I've used it near capacity), but with boots, laptop and a few bits and pieces it easily fits inside the cage used by airlines to determine carry-on size.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy