Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

DPS Lotus 124

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone been on these?

Great Blister review http://blistergearreview.com/gear-reviews/2017-2018-dps-lotus-alchemist-124-spoon

Getting old so want to replace my 193 Shiros with a super fat which is lighter and more versatile. Love the Hybrid Wailer 112’s which is pointing me towards DPS despite the fact that I can’t find any to test....

Pair with a Kingpin 13? Bloody expensive but should last a few years...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you discounted / considered

112 Pures?
Head Kore 117 ?
112 RPC Powderwerks (with EVO so you will pay VAT etc {maybe not to CH} and more "directional" (but actually 115)
BMT 122 (check the same blister review...)

Not skied a Kingpin other than demo, only skied RPC and 112 RP(1) of these. Pure vs Hybrid is definitely an advance though - silk v cotton.

Don't jinx the season though - I'v got a 138 Hybrid ready to go that hasn't seen outside the cave for 3 years and has never been skied!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@BobinCH,Since the Alchemist build only came out in Europe for this season, I doubt you’ll find anyone with significant time on them. Also, most shops won’t have DPS in their rentals.

I have the initial Powerworks Pure version of the Lotus 124, and last years Wailer 112 Pures (and other DPS, but I’m addicted Toofy Grin). In my opinion they ski like a bigger Wailer, but are more versatile than the dedicated DPS powder skis (120, 138, 150 Spoons). What makes them diffferent is the near central mount point, so they can be skied in a balanced style rather than driving them.

I have my 184cm Wailer’s mounted at +1, yet with the 185cm 124’s mounted on the line, the bindings are 4cm further forward. I have mine mounted with Beast 16’s.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 26-11-17 11:18; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No, but the (new! not old) Blizzard Spurs are ridiculously fun and the same sort of light poppy carbon-y feel as DPS, and are definitely worth looking at.

Personally wouldn't use a Kingpin (or any tech binding) on anything I'd primarily use for lift-served, even on a powder ski. Great touring binding, but still don't 'feel' like an alpine binding.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@mishmash, have the 112 Hybrids so want something wider. And tempted to go pure. Would love to try those 138’s if you’re ever in the Verbier area...

@PowderAdict, plenty of DPS on test in the shops round here but nothing wider than 112. 124’s are not even in stock for sale...

@clarky999, thanks for the feedback on the Kingpins. Like the Griffons I have on the 112. Don’t like the F12’s on the Shiros. Have Countdown 107’s with Dynafits for touring and frankly rarely use them as most stuff round here is skis on the back and hike up. Would save a few bob...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pulled the trigger on the 124 Alchemists with Griffons 😎 from Sport Conrad in their Black Friday sale.

Asked the local shop if they’d price match but they weren’t interested. Surely they still make enough margin to not want to lose a customer?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Punchy !!! You obviously liked the conditions last weekend!
Would love to hear what you make of them, esp the "dampness" of the new Alchemist construction. What length? You didn't want the super cheap Beasts then... paging Spyderjon....
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@mishmash, 185. Called DPS and that’s what he recommended for 1m80 / 80kg. The sales pitch was that the Alchemists are night and day vs the Foundations and you have to get them... Let’s hope the walks as good as the talk!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@mishmash, absolutely LOVE these skis. So much fun everywhere from powder to chalk to piste. The pop vs damping is perfectly in balance IMO. And as for jinxing the season 😉
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy