Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sex Abuse in Skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://derstandard.at/2000068172344/Sexuelle-Uebergriffe-im-Skisport-Eine-aufwuehlende-und-erschuetternde-Geschichte
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The underlying article here http://derstandard.at/2000068105376/Sexualisierte-Gewalt-im-Skisport-Ich-kann-ueber-das-Erlebte-sprechen is very sad to hear about. Young, vulnerable girls and women being exploited and abused by people in power.

I don't see it as being particular to skiing though. More the abuse of young vulnerable people when away from their secure and protective home environment.

A dreadful thing to happen and awful for those who suffered it. It's harrowing to hear about but I'm glad people are more prepared to speak out and maybe create a better environment where others will feel more able to report abuse and thereby stop it happening in the first place.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd be pretty sure it's been going on in all sports but particularly those where teens spend a lot of time with coaches and possibly away from home.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://m.heute.at/sport/wintersport/story/48107226
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
olderscot wrote:

I don't see it as being particular to skiing though. More the abuse of young vulnerable people when away from their secure and protective home environment.

Oh believe me it happens in skiing, and when things don’t go to plan it turns spiteful and on a ski slope, that turns dangerous.

I was 14 when it started.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Oh believe me it happens in skiing,

I'm sorry about that. I wasn't trying to say it doesn't happen in skiing, more that it seems to be a problem across a broad spectrum of situations and it would maybe be better to focus on making sure that all sports organisations and other institutions recognise the problem and do everything they can to stamp it out.

I'm desperately sorry to hear you suffered from this. I can't imagine what you went through and how hard this must have been.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@olderscot, there’s no need to be sorry for me, as I said his plans were flouted, I was the one who got away.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm glad to hear it. Just me getting the wrong end of the stick then - it's not unusual.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@olderscot, no probs, but I wonder how many did fall into the trap, and even whilst I got away on one level, he turned very spiteful and put me in situations that were beyond my capability and therefore dangerous. AND HE KNEW IT!!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Suzi snowflake, It's terrible when bad people end up in trusted positions where they can abuse vulnerable youngsters. Thank heavens you were strong enough not to get sucked in but as you say there must have been others who weren't so lucky.

You're right though. In skiing there is a horrendous opportunity for people you're supposed to trust to put you into very dangerous situations. It's horrible to think about what the consequences could have been.

I'm glad you're still able to enjoy skiing. I'm sure there are some who would have walked away from the sport in disgust.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@olderscot, yes I still love skiing with a passion, the reason I was not put off was because I was so innocent and naive I didn’t know I was being groomed. I only realised he’d turned nasty. It wasn’t till I was 40 and met up with him again over a drink and asked him why he’d turned nasty that I discovered his plan. I was shocked and asked him what he was thinking, I was 16 and he was 32 and married? The sad part is I discovered a sleeze ball where once was a man I looked up to, and I lost my trust in others.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It is sad isn't it. And as you say, you were one of the lucky ones.

I'm sure this has knocked your trust in others, how could it not? I wouldn't be surprised if sleaze balls like that tend towards sociopathic behaviour so lack the genuine empathy and morals of 'normal' people and don't understand or care about the consequences of their actions on others. I'm sure they're hard to spot but fortunately only a tiny minority of the population.

What I find really sad these days is that now the sports bodies, etc have tightened up the rules and procedures to try and stop this that Social Media has opened up a whole new avenue for the sleazeballs to exploit. But that's a whole new discussion.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy