Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossi axial 3 binding adjustment for new boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got myself some new boots which are 326mm compared to 327mm for my old ones. When I put the boots into the binding before clamping down the 1mm difference is noticeable but when the binding engages it appears to be ok,on the carpet!! I feel I need to adjust the binding so that it fits as snuggly as the old boots.
I have done some googling the only reference I can find is to forward pressure not to adjustment for different sole sizes. It is worth mentioning at this point that the yellow indicator window is almost full with both boots which would indicate it needs some adjustment for my old boot - what I have read indicates that the window should be only half yellow for the best setting.
Is adjusting the forward pressure so the window is only half full, the adjustment I would use to cater for the 1mm reduction in boot size? Does it adjust so the shorter boot fits correctly or is this forward pressure adjustment nothing to do with managing the sole length.
Thought I would ask the question before I started messing with any of the settings. Or I could just take the skis back to SnR to get them to adjust but seems a hassle for a minute adjustment for me to do.
I have done a comprehensive search on the web and YouTube for this and can’t seem to find anything that specifically answers my question - anyone know of any guidance docs or user manuals.?
Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@MogulMonkey, yes, the forward pressure is the adjustment for the boot length. The yellow tab filling the window would suggest that the forward pressure is too loose, which makes sense because your new BSL is shorter.

So you need to disengage and slide the heel forward a tiny bit until the yellow tab sits in the correct location, or as close as you can get depending on how fine the adjustments can be with this binding.

If you’re really not happy then take them back to the shop. Otherwise just wait until @Spyderjon corrects what I’ve written Confused
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
https://theskimonster.com/blog/posts/how-to-adjust-your-rossignol-ski-bindings/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Scarlet, @under a new name,
Thanks both...I had seen the link you posted but Now having read scarlets post and re reading the link I have adjusted the binding and it was easy...reason I was questioning is SnR said the bindings were not adjustable when I purchased them.. clearly this is complete tosh as I have discovered there is a lot of adjustment for most adult boots...
Happy snowhead Very Happy

As a foot note my new boots were from CEM..they fit like a glove Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Scarlet, Cool
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@MogulMonkey, (almost?) every alpine boot has some if not considerable adjustment for boot sole length. Extraordinary that anyone in S&R would try and suggest anything else.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bindings too wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy