Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montgenevre / Claviere 2017 / 2018

Poster: A snowHead
Thought I'd start a thread for these two resorts rather than include them in a Via Lattea thread as they that tends to be more focused towards Sestriere / Sauze d'Oulx / San Sicario and snow pack can differ tremendously between Sauze and Montgenevre!

Montgenevre opened up at the weekend with only around 4 runs open and was great for the little ones speaking to a mate this morning who was there with his kids on Sat and also saw some posts from some other dads who took their kids there too.

What is sure is that Montgenevre had more snow than Serre in the last fall.

Today I ended up cycling up there changing my mind from going up Nevache and was quite surprised at the snow cover down into resort as you can see.

I had a chat with a couple of skiers who'd skinned up and I asked them if it was "hard" and they replied not too bad, and then as I cycled on towards the obelisk I could see some interesting stashes (left of picture) so guess where we're heading tomorrow Cool

Be good to get the legs working and see how the boots feel especially after my ankle issues of last season!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So first ski tour of the season with KenX; well maybe not a true ski tour but a skin up the piste to Col Verte / Grand Charvia.

Must have been a good 20 or so people skinning/ skiing up and down and very social.

Good work out to try and find the ski legs and test the pressure points with the boots etc, we'll be heading back Thursday for some more along with Les Chiens and the drone, this time with charged batteries rolling eyes

http://youtube.com/v/VydbEj-Gj0s
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
looking good on the Montgenevre webcam today. According to the resort website there is 1 m at resort level and 1.5 m higher up..is this true? snowHead snowHead Anyone skied there recently?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi There are a group of 14 of us arriving on 7th January ranging from beginners to good intermediates (all in our late 40s) can anyone give us a general overview of the area - we are staying at the Hotel Grande Claviere - also we have ski passes for Clavière and Montgenèvre but would it be worth us upgrading for a full area pass covering such as sauze d’oulx etc?

Any info would be greatly appreciated - and also any pics of current conditions
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My opinion, having lived in Montgenevre, is that with the decent snow conditions a group of your standards will probably be happy with just the Montgenevre/Claviere pass, which I think they call the Monts de la Lune pass. Might be wrong on that last name.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Ramma666, you should be fine with the pass you've got. You can always upgrade for the day if you want to go further afield.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You should be fine with the Monts de La Lune pass. You should get a free day in Sauze and Sestriere and can always upgrade an extra day by paying about 25 euros. Great conditions by the way, we've just had 4 foot of snow fall (at least).
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ive booked into the apartments RESIDENCE LE NAPOLEON for w/c 13/1. Anyone seen these or used them for a trip?

Bit nervous about going DIY
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Stayed there last year, pretty nice for French Ski apartments. Bus stop outside to take you to the lifts.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes, have stayed there a couple of times. Great location, short walk to shops, restaurants, lifts and ski school. There is a good boot room - take a padlock - you get a locker for your apartment. There is also a swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. I wouldn't bother with the bread delivery in the morning as sometimes late - there are two bakeries very close to you (turn left out of building).
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Am I right in thinking the ski school is out the front?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
In the Espace Prarial, the big newish building opposite the Rois Mages hotel. Both of them are there.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
How is the lift connection in Montgenvre across the road? Is it the idea you take off your ski's and walk?

And what if we were in a chalet in the neighborhood with the chalets and likes to ski the runs the other side of the street?

Just can't visualize how much of a faff it is...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@HeidiAmsterdam, If staying in the obelisque area (hameau des airelles etc) the best option is to ski down to serre thibaud or tremplin in the morning and come back via serre thibaud in the afternoon.

If staying centrally eg. Napoleon best to carry your skis across the road to main front de neige at the start of the day and finish there too.

The chalvet is only really useful to those staying nearest it. You can also ski down to it if staying in places like chalet des dolines.

Other than that there are two ski buses that circulate round the village and for those in chalets etc you might find they are your best option rather than carrying skis a long way.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
shannyla wrote:
In the Espace Prarial, the big newish building opposite the Rois Mages hotel. Both of them are there.

Thank you
ski holidays
@Ramma666, How was your trip and what did you think of the Hotel Grande Claviere?
latest report
Popped over to Montgenevre from Bardonecchia as the lower Italian resorts were sheets of ice. The conditions were good all over the resort, and it was great to return after a 4 year absence. We just did the afternoon, and got round the whole area. It was empty over lunch time, and not icy anywhere, though a bit slushy at resort levels.10 mph winds and no clouds, a beautiful place
snow report
Just came back from Claviere - had a great day's skiing with no one around. I love it there.

To the point that just I've just put in an offer on an apartment snowHead

Plenty of snow, as much as I've ever seen there.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy