Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hestra Army Leather Gore-Tex Mitt

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm thinking of buying a new pair of Hestra Army Leather Gore-Tex mitts. £109 delivered is best price I can find for what looks like a UK based reliable supplier. Any snowHeads know where I might get a better deal please? snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That's a good price (I have the Gloves, bought many year ago).

My only thought would be, if I was replacing them, I would go with the Heli version, because:

- Provided you keep them "conditioned" and don't ski in the rain, you don't need Goretex
- Goretex makes a Glove a bit less breathable
- The Inner in the Heli is removable and so can be washed
- A removable liner is more versatile, so can either be replaced with a heavier one in extreme conditions, or left out for Spring conditions.
- They are cheaper
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
intermediate wrote:
I'm thinking of buying a new pair of Hestra Army Leather Gore-Tex mitts. £109 delivered is best price I can find for what looks like a UK based reliable supplier. Any snowHeads know where I might get a better deal please? snowHead

Nordic outdoor with shops in Glasgow (300m from my house), Edinburgh and Lake District. Postage is free for standard or next day is only £4.

Mitts are £99
https://www.nordicoutdoor.co.uk/army-leather-heli-ski-mitt-11841.html

These have the polyamide (not goretex) membrane.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Old Fartbag, thanks, I'll look at spec and reviews for Heli version too. I could get those from same supplier delivered for £85. snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@GlasgowCyclops, thanks, I'll take a look.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
intermediate wrote:
@Old Fartbag, thanks, I'll look at spec and reviews for Heli version too. I could get those from same supplier delivered for £85. snowHead

Also consider the 3 finger mitt, which is more versatile.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Old Fartbag, thanks again, I looked at 3 finger mitt reviews but general view is not as warm. Warmth is the main requirement for this purchase. I can cope without the dexterity snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have the 3 finger mitts. They are the best piece of skiing equipment I own.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I;ve got a pair of these that I never wear,
they are in black and white, I'd love for them to go to a good home.

I love other Hestra Gloves I've over the years but black/white does not do it for me.

I'd be happy for £20 +postage

Just PM me and I'll dig then out and send your photos and size (I think they are large)
If you want them.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
intermediate wrote:
@Old Fartbag, thanks again, I looked at 3 finger mitt reviews but general view is not as warm. Warmth is the main requirement for this purchase. I can cope without the dexterity snowHead

Mitts are certainly a little warmer than the Lobster Claw.

Hestra's warmest mitts are the Army Leather Expedition Mitt, followed by Sirius Polar Mitt

https://hestragloves.com/sport/en/gloves/mountaineering/35091-army-leather-expedition-mitt/100720/
https://hestragloves.com/sport/en/gloves/outdoor/35051-sirius-polar-mitt/300100/

Black Diamond's warmest offering is the Absolute Mitt.

https://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/p/black-diamond-absolute-mitt-A3214247.html
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@DrLawn, yes please how would you like to be paid
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@DrLawn, yes please how would you like to be paid
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@DrLawn, thanks, I've pm'd you snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy