Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

help with adjusting old bindings rossi 2005

Poster: A snowHead
Help adjusting old bindings.
They are old Power 120 rossi from like 2005. If I open them too much to accommodate a 335 boot they come off the rail. But there is another thing under the binding that the plate is on that looks like another rail. Does anyone know if I can adjust the plate on this rail without having to redrill? I am almost completely new to skiing and just assumed that these were adjustable to at least size 30 and this would be a big bummer because re drill would probably cost more than I bought them for.[/img]
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads @dang8701, snowHead

Probably a plate under the binding. Does it appear to have obviously pre-drilled holes?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Those bindings went out of indemnity a few years ago so no tech will remount/adjust them.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have some. They are out of indemnity so I use sparingly at best. And I know broadly what I'm doing. If I was you I'd buy something more modern and have them refitted.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I couldn't figure out how to upload photos so here is a link to a much better post with pics. Im not sure what it is it didnt come with the bindings.

A i dont have /want to spend all my money just to try skiing out and these products were not recalled or unsafe they are just old. But people used to use them so im going to try to make it work. Im sure 95 percent of new releases and innovation is just marketing gimmickry. Whats wrong with being frugal
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dang8701 wrote:
I couldn't figure out how to upload photos so here is a link to a much better post with pics. Im not sure what it is it didnt come with the bindings.

A i dont have /want to spend all my money just to try skiing out and these products were not recalled or unsafe they are just old. But people used to use them so im going to try to make it work. Im sure 95 percent of new releases and innovation is just marketing gimmickry. Whats wrong with being frugal

https://www.newschoolers.com/forum/thread/856315/Old-Rossignol-circa-2005--tech-----Will-these-bindings-need-to-be-remounted-
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks a bit like a demo rail under the binding so you'll have to google to see if they did a demo version and try to find a manual to tell you how to adjust. But really you're on a thrift store pair of skis that cost $40 so the risk is on you and it doesn't seemed like you've skied before. Hope you have decent med insurance cos a broken tib/fib isn't chesp to fix in US.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@dang8701, springs & plastics degrade over time. The manufacturers take them off their indemnified list when they're not longer considered safe/reliable/consistent etc. The bindings stay on the list for many years so it's not a marketing trick sell more bindings. And, as I said above, a shop will not remount them for you (especially in the US) as they're accepting some liability etc. And a pair of '05 B2's will be like noodles now as well.

You came on here asking for advice & it's been given. If you choose to ignore that advice then fine.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@spider john they havent been used very much so would they still be like "noodles"?

Also, im not going to be skiing black diamonds or back country. Im just trying to get started with blue max and i have skiid a half dozen times its been years and i never needed equipment
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@dang8701, Can't offer you any specific advice about those bindings but suggest you Google "Rossignol Tech Manual" as the results may help you.
The plastics that were used in these bindings "age hardened" and over time gradually changed from being "shockproof" to being "brittle" and dangerous. This is not
Quote:

just marketing gimmickry
but your safety.

From your pictures it looks like you have only tried to adjust the heel, have you tried to adjust the toe?

Do your research!!!! Find out what the relevance of the white line across the ski at approximately mid length of the ski means in relation to the mid point of your boot.

Best advice is to put these skis on Ebay and buy some which are within their indemnity period.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
a technical manual for rossignol bindings

may not be specific to your bindings - but some useful info

https://www.rasc.ru/gear/pdf/manual0506_r_en_US.pdf
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thanks for everyone's reply. I have taken the advice and decided to return them and am currently looking at the following

https://www.evo.com/outlet/skis/volkl-ac50-ipt-wide-ride-120-bindings

I have the following questions:
1. Are these indemnified? I called a couple shops and they said they would work on them. They are Marker wide ride IPT 12 or 14 it is unclear
2. Are these going to be too hard for me to start on? I have a good natural ability and never had a problem getting on skis with little training in the past. I want to grow into skis so unforgiving might be a good thing? I will be skiing possibly almost every day this season as I'm working on the mountain.
Thanks for all advice on it
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
On indemnifidation, an opinion, http://www.skibum.net/do-it-up/gear-guide/indemnified-bindings/

I take it you’re in the US? As indemnification, afaiu, is a mostly US invention, although I know some prudent retailers, e.g. SH’s own spyrerjon also apply it.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
under a new name wrote:
........As indemnification, afaiu, is a mostly US invention, although I know some prudent retailers, e.g. SH’s own spyrerjon also apply it.

No it is not a mostly US thing.

Every binding manufacturer (who are in the main European) issues an updated tech manual every year which includes a list of their indemnified bindings. All retailers have access to the tech manuals as do the general public who can download them from the manufacturers websites or off the 'net.

The one thing that's different in the US is that their national retailer association compiles all the individual lists in to one single document - so that's the one all other retailers tend to use as it's simpler to have everything on one list.

Were the US is ahead is in the testing of bindings as retailers test new bindings and then they're tested again after any adjustment or remount etc
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
dang8701 wrote:
Help adjusting old bindings.
They are old Power 120 rossi from like 2005. If I open them too much to accommodate a 335 boot they come off the rail. But there is another thing under the binding that the plate is on that looks like another rail. Does anyone know if I can adjust the plate on this rail without having to redrill? I am almost completely new to skiing and just assumed that these were adjustable to at least size 30 and this would be a big bummer because re drill would probably cost more than I bought them for.[/img]

I'm going to be critical here but only in an advice way. Not having a go at you personally.

I'm making an assumption here:- You are new to skiing so the chances of falling over are quite high. You also have a 335 boot so I assume you are male and about 1m80cm and above. I also assume you may be about 85kg.

Therefore, you want a binding that you can have confidence in to protect your knees. As an example. I bought a new pair of football boots with a narrower last and it caused excessive rotation in one knee and I damaged a tendon (The reason I took up skiing is because skiing is goor for it) and these days I can't run any distance without getting discomfort in it. So don't use anything that may inflict even a small injury, because these can have long lasting effects.

I would put it down to experience and simply rent skis. You will have a more enjoyable time and you will have confidence that the kit is in good working order.

If you want you own skis you can get a 2015 set from major stores for £200 or you can get an ex demo one that is 2015-2016 with bindings for similar.
snow report
@dang8701, as you will be working on the mountain for the winter I would wait until you start, then ask your colleagues, ski local shops etc for advice. There is also a good chance that someone may even have something suitable they can sell you.
ski holidays
@spyderjon, I bow to your (professional) knowledge.

out of curiousity, tho’, the only lists I can find on the first two pages of google are e.g. from Salomon USA (searching Salomon, etc.)...
snow conditions
Ah, it’s ok but curious, I found what appears to be the current Marker manual (French version) https://d3swkta9jjxguv.cloudfront.net/user_upload/marker/Downloads/THB_Marker_17-18_franzoesisch.pdf

Which seems only to indicate that “(loosely translated) for old bindings outside standards, shops should, for their own protection, should they want to work with the binding get written statement from client that they understand the situation and it’s at their own risk.”

And no list ...

Confused of Chamonix
snow report
@under a new name,

If you are curious - found this

http://www.skibum.net/do-it-up/gear-guide/indemnified-bindings/2016-2017-indemnified-bindings/
latest report
@albob, sure, found that ages ago, but that’s a US site giving the skiing public info for US retailers and distributors...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy