Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Funniest quotes overheard at a resort

Poster: A snowHead
Heres 2 to get you going from this week Very Happy

1. Eating out at the japanese restaurant in Banff, British seasonaire - "Its funny that I dont eat raw fish as I eat prawn salad and it has raw prawns in it"

2. Later on in the week at the servicing dept of Glacier Sports, American Tourist - "I was told only professionals should wax their skis" when told why he wasnt getting any speed.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
prog99, excellent.

From my days as an accompagnateur (rep/guide),

At the very top of a mountain, guest asks, "Where do we go from here?", Unable to resist I reply, "Down!"

And I am sorry to drag it out, but it was a not infrequent query, "Do chairlifts go faster on the way down cos they're empty?"
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Overhead on the best powder day we've had on this side of the atlantic for several years "I don't like this soft stuff - it slows me down and I can't turn in it"!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Champery 2004: well to do English father and son enjoying a moment of family bonding...

Father, standing uphill of a minute kicker: "Come on Henry, Daddy'll show you how to do this jump"

Promptly bottles and rides over the bump in the back seat nearly resulting in an embarassing wipeout under the chairlift
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
...can I just add that shortly afterwards I nearly broke my back on said bump so I guess he was vindicated
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sharkymark, That's a classic case of karma for you. Never laugh at another's misfortune cos it will come back on you 2-fold.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
One client once asked me "when does it snow?" when I explained that it could snow at any time of the year (including summer) he exclaimed "you mean it snows more than once?" Really!!! rolling eyes rolling eyes

"All this snow's spoiling my holdiay"

"There isn't enough snow and it's spoiling my holiday"

"Why doesn't it only snow at night?"

"Does it have to be cloudy when it's snowing?"

All of the above are real quotes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
two better-than-middle-aged English ladies tottering into tourist office in VERY small French resort, where even the tourist office staff don't speak much English, asking (without so much as a "good morning", let alone a "bonjour")

"Where's the nail bar?"
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w,
Quote:

"Where's the nail bar?"

the answer should have been 'back where you came from you posh b!*ch'

spoken loadly and slllooowwwlllyyy sooo thhhaaat thhheeey woooulllddd uunndderrrssttannnd
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
CEM, Only a bloke would match "nail bar" and "posh" together:roll:
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What beer do they sell in the "Nail Bar"?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
geetee, the stupid thing is, I tried it at night!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Standing at the bottom of a lift in Morzine with plenty of people around. A girl friend of mine shouts across "look at my gash". After the rest of us had finished wetting ourselves along with alot of randoms, I went on to explain the double-entendre.
She was of course refering the a scape on the base of her ski.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SammyQ, oops Embarassed Embarassed
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
On a bus at Stowe a farily elderly chap was asked "did you race today?" To which he replied, "the only gates I run have bark on em."
latest report
When I was getting my hair cut a while back, having just returned from my skiing holiday, my hairdresser asked why I always went skiing in the winter and not at other times of year when the weather would be nicer. Puzzled
snow report
Kramer, do you stitch your own ears on after that visit ?

As far as quotes are concerned

Our CEO met a long term employee on the stairs on Wednesday and said "so you made it through the latest batch of redundancies"

To which he replied "I see you did too" - the people in the company of the CEO were the new owners, who found it immensely funny.....
ski holidays
When due to fly into Munich,my wife told a friend we were flying with Lufthanasia airways,to wihich he quickly replied "well only you young ones will"!!
ski holidays
pam w wrote:

"Where's the nail bar?"

Austrian Nail bar here. wink
latest report
easiski wrote:

"Does it have to be cloudy when it's snowing?"

Actually, i saw it snow from a blue sky in Wengen NehNeh

(Snow was formed in the wind pushed over the mannlichen from downtown wengen)

Was very interesting to see, snow all over the place and see blueness through it Wink

And no, it wasn't the snowcanons (they were running as well)
latest report
Damn Sepo', worst kind, heard to have said in the shop one sunday.. "You know, skiing is my religion, the mountain my church." We threw him out, Cheese Ranger. Little Angel
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Damn Sepo',

Puzzled Confused My ignorance , can I get a translation ?
latest report
eEvans, Sorry to all Passport using americans.

Sepo': Septic Tank-Yank. Little Angel
snow report
Very nice couple from Colorado who I met in Austria last week - wanted to know why there were so many old people's homes in the town. (Pensions...)
ski holidays
Sue S, no doubt these places were all providing free Zimmer frames ('Zimmer Frei') to their residents as well!
snow report
It wasnt skiing but I was once in a resort where a family thought their grandmother was asleep so they kept putting sun tan lotion on her - she had died peacefully.

The quote was - she didnt go cold, we didnt know she had died !
ski holidays
Paul Mason, that's really sad, but what a way to go.
snow report
Paul Mason, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Paul Mason, At least sun stroke was off the list of suspects during the autopsy......
snow report
Quote:

"Where's the nail bar?"

the answer should have been 'back where you came from you posh b!*ch'

they weren't posh, but possibly rather dim (not all dim people are posh and getting yer nails done certainly isn't). I tried to imagine how people who wanted a nail bar and spoke zero French had landed up in a small French resort with very unsophisticated infrastructure (albeit great ski-ing and a record-breaking snow record!) which is not on the tour operators' lists. I had visions of their skier husbands promising that they would not be bored when abandoned all day long because they would be able to do lots of super shopping and pamper themselves at beauty salons. The bewildered girl in the tourist office told them there was not even a hairdresser, and suggested they might try Megeve!
snow report
After a few inches of snow in an otherwise dry winter, "There's too much snow to ski."

From a burly construction worker & beginner ski student, "I feel like putting sandpaper under these things."

After plowing into one of my students, "Why didn't you get out of my way?" (I answered: "She doesn't have eyes in the back of her head.")

And, the all time classic, "Where do they put those bumps in the summer."

Tom / PM
snow report
Whislt working last year many stupid questions were directed in my direction, but these were a weekly occurance!

"Will I be warmer in my green or blue fleece?" (Or variations on a theme)

"Will it be cold at the top?"

"Will it snow today?"

We also had a week of first time skier guests who all had children. One particular paranoid mother in the group, one night asked me if i thought her child would be taken on a blue run by the instructor. "I should imagine, yes" was my reply. To this she responded by turning white with fear and saying she wanted to take her child out of ski school as she thought he may "fall of the edge of the mountain"!
latest report
In our chalet on a snowy whiteout day, one lady beginner asked if she should phone the ski school to see whether her lesson had been cancelled.
snow report
Funniest quote from today:

"Watch this" by Lindsey Jacobellis... Laughing
snow conditions
Sharkymark,

Quote:

What beer do they sell in the "Nail Bar"?

You want to be careful what you drink in the Nail Bar........................you might get hammered.
snow report
Acacia, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Will my baby be safe in the in chalet creche?

Of course we only employ Nannies that say they have some sort of qualification Shocked

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 17-02-06 19:44; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Overheard in Salt Lake City, 2002, from an overpaid British official- ' Oh it contains that stuff , REALLY"

Overheard in Sestrieres , 2006, from an overpaid British official ' Oh , I didn't think they were worth measuring ....

Forget 'Eddie The Eagle', British Winter Sports Officials can put back the sport MUCH further. Evil or Very Mad
latest report
Having skied down from Col Pers in Val D'Isere, we knew that the Gorge de Mallpasse didn't have neough snow in it but being good boy scouts, we were prepared! We had ropes, ice climbing gear etc and the idea was to climb one of the frozen waterfalls and walk out on the summer path. We managed to find a great place to climb about 2/3rds of the way down and it had been a bit hairygetting there.

As we were getting our gear out of the back packs, 2 ladies ski down the gorge and ask us "how far is it to the bus stop!". On explaining that its not possible to go any further down the gorge, one announces she is 5 months pregnant! I think there were a few tears at that moment!

So not only could we prove we were boy scouts, we had the chance to play hero.
ski holidays
WTFH. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy