Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Different types of snow

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have experienced a few different types of snow, from cold crisp soft stuff, to deep mountains of porridge. Spring skiing which involved corrugated metal until 10.30 & slush from lunch . I hear lots about different types of snow, but understand very little.

Looking at the forecast there is a fair bit expected, but what will snow be like e.g. if it is warm and falls as deep wet snow, but the a couple of days later there is a drop in temps. Will the wet snow turn to fresh light snow or will it freeze like the spring snow I have experienced.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Frosty the Snowman,

As long as we don't get any yellow stuff it'll be OK.

Which brings me onto Piste peeing etiqutte. When I really have to go, I'll try to find a quiet spot in the trees, usually a few metres from the piste. Have never gone above the tree line, but have seen others do so. What is acceptable here?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
johnboy, I have seen some thread hijacks in my time but you are taking a/the p!ss wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman, Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
johnboy, Well snowmen don't apprecaite being pi$$ed on it would seem Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
IncogSkiSno, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I would never wee wee on a Snowman, they have magical powers you know
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
IncogSkiSno, It starts with a little widdle round the back and before you know it - a corncob pipe, a button, and two bits of coal is all thats left to remind you.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frosty the Snowman, Awww - Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman I saw some hard yellow snow this week in Grandvalira. Also some hard sick covered types !
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ah, but Mr Mason, were you responsible for the boak??
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The other week I had slush turn into soft squeaky stuff after the temperature dropped.

There'd also a special kind of snow that finds it's way into my line when on piste and causes frequent and unintentional falls
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman, justto get serious, as if...

Yes, if it falls as moderately wet snow, but doesn't turn to "concrete", goven time and low temperatures it can transform into much nicer stuff. That's about as scientific as I know, it's just what I've observed.

If it falls as rain, hmmm, I think it's cowardly and runs away.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy