Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sauze D'Ouix at New Year?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi y'all,

We are planning a trip to Sauze D'Ouix for New Year arriving 31/12 and are concerned about whether there will be snow.

You don't normally have to worry about end of December but we read that snow was "erratic" and the word "droughts" was used!

My only "no snow" holiday was to Sestriere so that just adds to the concern.

Can anyone cast any light on the snow reliability? Also, if there was no snow in resort what are the options for finding some?

Thanks for any help. Much appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Based on the past three years good snow conditions cannot be guaranteed at the end of December. If you want to ski the milky way I think Montgenevre has a better snow history.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Lorenzo, Generally speaking that area gets infrequent - but huge - dumps of snow, as opposed to the resorts to the north and east where it's more a case of little'n'often

So, in summary, it's a lottery.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Promising start last night.
https://www.vialattea.it/Data/vialattea_it/Webcam/sportiniamonte1.jpg
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mike SWest wrote:
Promising start last night.
https://www.vialattea.it/Data/vialattea_it/Webcam/sportiniamonte1.jpg

Yes indeed! I have taken the plunge (at £500 half board, we were willing to risk it) and have been obsessing over the webcams ever since.

Not sure the link was to right photo but I've seen the foot or so at mid station which is very promising.

I am trying not to get too excited as it can all disappear like (as we say in Scotland) "snow off a dyke".

There is another dump today and it is creeping towards village level.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
red 27 wrote:
@Lorenzo, Generally speaking that area gets infrequent - but huge - dumps of snow, as opposed to the resorts to the north and east where it's more a case of little'n'often

So, in summary, it's a lottery.

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense!

We have taken the plunge at £500 half board, so fingers are firmly crossed.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy