Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'Huez end of March

Poster: A snowHead
Hi anyone heading to Alpe d'Huez w/c 25th/3 . Going down on my own, and wouldn't mind hooking up with a few like minded souls.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davejsy, Katski and I are here all the time so give us a PM before you come over and we'd love to meet another snowhead! We both have guests at that time so I'm sure you'd find quite an army of like minded souls! Were are you staying?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
davejsy, Katski and I are here all the time so give us a PM before you come over and we'd love to meet another snowhead! We both have guests at that time so I'm sure you'd find quite an army of like minded souls! Were are you staying?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cool, nothing booked yet - but looking at staying at chalet la maitreya in Vaujany. Do you guys live or just work out there?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
davejsy, chalet maitreya is very nice. good food and v friendly Dutch owners
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
yeh it sounds really good, only €70 a night, and they are pretty flexible, as I'm going Sat to Sat.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
davejsy, Yup we both live out here although kat does more time in the UK than I do.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sarah & Katski, I'm heading out on my lonesome to Alpe D'Huez on 27th Feb till the end of the season. Loved it when I was there early Jan. Can you guys give me some tips as I'm struggling to find accommodation until 19th April when I am forced to come back to UK.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Never easy to find long term accommodation in ADH unfortunately. Might be worth trying www.holidayalps.com as they sometimes do long term stays in their hotel just above the Underground. Will no doubt run into you at somepoint when you get out here! Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dave,

I'm heading down on the 25th too. Have been many times and would be happy to show you the goods.

Roo
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
katski, Got my accommodation sorted. Staying in an appartment near the driving track that sleeps 4. Where are you guys based? Do you want to meet up in Sharkey's for a drink one evening?

P.S. Do you know anyone that may want to share for a week, 2 weeks etc. I'm looking to get around £110 a week per person for a self catered apartment with bath, shower and kitchen facilities.

Jim Little Angel
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Roo

That would be cool. how long you going for? Will get in touch nearer the time to devise some plan!

Dave
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bad_roo, davejsy, Send me an email as you get out there and I'll be keen to meet up with you guys and take on a few runs / have a few beers.

I'm on my own over there too so.....

James

jamesnathan@hotmail.co.uk
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
no worries James, will drop you a mail.

Dave
snow report
James,
I have been thinking of a last minute thing to alpe d'huez on the 25th but so busy at work i haven't had a chance to sort anything out. I may have to come on my own if the usual lot i go skiing with can't afford it or get the time off work. If this is the case what's the deal on your accommodation? have you got room for at least me or perhaps 3 people? (just one week though). Also none of us have ever done a "build your own" ski holiday so if we get flights where would be best to fly to and what's best for transfers? (+how much) Puzzled

Oh and just so I'm not asking too much how's the snow?
snow report
Stevos - best place to fly to for ADH is prob Grenoble (easyjet from bristol, i think there are flights from luton as well). I think and Easiski or someone else will prob advise there is a bus from grenolbe. if 3 it might be worth ski hire. there's always the bribe the ski reps option
ski holidays
dan100, did you mean car hire?
snow report
stevos999, Try flightchecker.co.uk for chap flights.

I've sent you an email about availability etc so act quickly......

Nice one, hope to see you out there.

James
snowHead
snow report
stevos999, I'm flying to Grenoble with Ryanair from Stansted that day, booked a few weeks ago cost £50. Bus details are shown on the airport website and they are frequent and cheap from there to Grenoble and on to Alpe D'huez. Got a cheap deal on an apartment for 4 through Expedia for £24 a night.
ski holidays
Colin B, Hi colin. I'm out there on own as you can tell by the threads. if you want to meet up with a friendly snoboarder, send me an email. Always happy to meet fellow snow heads.... NehNeh
ski holidays
boarderjim, Sure, if you don't mind spending the evening with 2 near geriatric (late 40's) skiers Smile . I'm staying in Les Bergers. Will PM you nearer the time.
latest report
'll be there with a mate w/c 25 March. Rough plan is to ski with the SCGB rep on one or 2 days, maybe go to La Grave with a guide for a day if conditons are good - and otherwise generally bimble around maybe with a guide if off-piste makes that worthwhile.

I'll keep an eye out for snowheads shirts/fleeces/hats Very Happy
ski holidays
Nick Zotov, I'll be skiing there from Sunday to Tuesday and am planning to ski with the rep on the Sunday at least. See you then!
latest report
Colin B, hope to see you snowHead
ski holidays
Hi ho Hi ho. Let's pack the bags and go Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Hey ! Colin B, I've just seen you think you are near geriatric! What does that make me Evil or Very Mad Very Happy
snow report
Colin B wrote:
Nick Zotov, I'll be skiing there from Sunday to Tuesday and am planning to ski with the rep on the Sunday at least. See you then!

I've just spotted the rep's programme. Looks good Very Happy
snow report
Nick Zotov, it's well worth exploring the ADH off-piste with a guide. On a good day, the Grand Sablat down to Clavans, with lunch in the restaurant there and a taxi back is a great experience. Or you can get a heli from the bottom back to the altiport at ADH - the nearest you'll get to heliskiing in France! There's plenty of other stuff too
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Arno, thanks. Hoping to get at least one day's guided skiing.
ski holidays
Nick Zotov, Have a wonderful time snowHead
latest report
Linds, ta Very Happy
ski holidays
Nick Zotov, I was a geriatric beginner Little Angel you started a lot earler than me. Probably see you Sunday if you are planning to ski with the rep then, it will be my only day, I'm only there for a long weekend.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy