Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bode Miller Retires

Poster: A snowHead
Bode said he thought he might do another season, but has changed his mind recently.

From an article:

Quote:
Miller has won the most Olympic medals of any US skier -- one gold, three silver and two bronze -- and his third in the Sochi 2014 super-G meant he became the oldest skier to win a medal at the Games.

Only one skier -- Beni Raich with 441 -- has made more World Cup appearances than Miller's 438, and with 33 World Cup victories, the father-of-four is ranked eighth on the all-time list of male skiers.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Always very exciting to watch
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No one will ever ski Kitzbuhl like his 2008 run:

http://youtube.com/v/-FA9f-4n2ME
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It always amazed me how fast he could be at the initial split despite the seemingly lackadaisical start technique!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
extremerob wrote:

Or Bormio 2005

http://youtube.com/v/QHxmVRXoVMA
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I think it is safe to say that all of us that had the pleasure of watching him over the years will not forget him and his unique style.

snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DB wrote:
extremerob wrote:

Or Bormio 2005

http://youtube.com/v/QHxmVRXoVMA

That's the one I'll never forget. Even after 90 seconds of a WC downhill on one ski, he still looked relaxed Cool
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bode was the only skier to obtain 5 wins in every discipline of the world cup.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I liked his disdain for the olympic movement, think it was he who called them an unecessary interuption to the circuit.
And yet he just signed up as an analyst for this coming winter games.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@essex, I guess he needs some $$ for the horses

http://youtube.com/v/HqCfHHYqti8
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DB wrote:
Bode was the only male skier to obtain 5 wins in every discipline of the world cup.

FIFY.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rjs wrote:
DB wrote:
Bode was the only male skier to obtain 5 wins in every discipline of the world cup.

FIFY.

There's a female skier with 5 or more worldcup wins in all 5 disciplines? (Downhill, Slalom, Super G, GS & Combi)

Vonn has won 2 Slaloms while Pärson won 3 combi's/super combi's.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
double post

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 2-11-17 15:27; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@DB, I misread your post.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@rjs,
I'll forgive you but only because you live in my home town init. wink
latest report
I've skied the Hahnenkamm a few times and every time I come around that corner I still can believe how he wasn't totalled in the signage and meshing??...brilliant.
ski holidays

Bode, sure was one of a kind, I am going to miss him in many ways Blush
Glad to see him go out in one piece though, with some of the acrobatic stunts he pulled you never quite knew what was going to happen.
latest report
Bode always seemed to go full-on, plus a margin. He won or crashed & burned.

Disclaimer: have not checked his results to confirm that, but that’s what it looked like watching him ski.
ski holidays
@ulmerhutte, bang on!
Also, he was an awesome all rounder who could ski slalom through to DH and was always in with a chance of podium if he was on form.
There are not many WC skiers who can nail both disciplines.

http://youtube.com/v/cnmSooPzaDw
ski holidays
I was lucky enough to chat with Bode last week. We talked about his unique career as a race and about Peak Skis – the new range of skis that he has designed and is launching for sale in Europe.
Available on Spotify or wherever you download your podcasts:
https://open.spotify.com/episode/0NSG6lwZBbr7M2PFp0PbtW
snow report
Only man I've ever seen snort tequila.
snow conditions
Holy thread resurrection, Batman! Only 6 years, but that's probably long enough to justify a new thread rather than a topic showing up in the most recent search that suggests he's just retired...
snow report
iainm wrote:
I was lucky enough to chat with Bode last week. We talked about his unique career as a race and about Peak Skis – the new range of skis that he has designed and is launching for sale in Europe.

Is he thinking about competitive pricing for Europe or is he looking to pocket a full premium margin on a DTC brand (made by Elan)?
ski holidays
ousekjarr wrote:
Holy thread resurrection, Batman! Only 6 years, but that's probably long enough to justify a new thread rather than a topic showing up in the most recent search that suggests he's just retired...

doh! just did a search on Bode, didn't even think of being so bold to start a new thread! wink
latest report
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
iainm wrote:

Is he thinking about competitive pricing for Europe or is he looking to pocket a full premium margin on a DTC brand (made by Elan)?

I needed that question last week wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy