Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How lglu.com took its ski and travel turnover to £35 million, from a dinner party

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
NB. The automatic hyperlink conversions of the company name below are not the author's!
Can this be switched off?
--------------------------------------
Iglu was founded by new entrepreneur and Army-trained skier Richard Downs in 1998, after he'd taken a two-year MBA at the London Business school at the age of 29. He'd originally seized on the idea in California, and the name 'Iglu' came up in a dinner party conversation.

A £25,000 initial stake attracted backers and loans, increasing the investment to £250,000. Eight years on, the business is expected to turn over £35 million this year.

This article by Rachel Bridge in The Sunday Times explains all.

“We have fallen in love with the customer and not with technology. The dotcom graveyard is full of companies that fell in love with technology and forgot the customers,” says Downs.

Have you travelled with iglu? What were your impressions?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 13-02-06 16:20; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Goldsmith, you can turn them off by editing the text and inserting, for instance, start and end bold tags next to each other - e.g

Code:

ig[b][/b]lu

would give iglu
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I used Iglu two years ago to find a ski holiday in Hinterglemm for 8 of us, and they were incredibly helpful, giving me a number of options, calling back when they said they would, etc. As far as I know, they don't do their own holidays, but act as agents for travel companies - we ended up travelling with Neilsons (who were very good).

They called me back a year later to see if they could help me with another Christmas holiday, and I'd definitely use them again if I wasn't putting a holiday together independently.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i think they are great - have never specifically decided to use them - but they are have always ended up putting together the best last minute deal for me - hence I seem to keep using them to go on holiday!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have used them twice - once for a particularly complicated large chalet booking with multiple arrival days, different modes of travel and a couple of late name changes. I found them to be effective, friendly and if they were irritated with the endless queries that our party generated then they didn't show it.

Right Iglu, send a cheque to Duvet at 9 Lang....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I used Iglu a couple of years ago. For the price they were excellent. £199 included an apartment 50m-ish from a gondola going up to Meribel, flights, transfers and a rep who did all the running around for us. Downside was a leaky loo, but that asides no complaints.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A leaky Ig-loo?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I used them for a cheap and cheerful deal for 4 to Chamonix a couple o fyears ago. Very helpful and it all went off swimmingly!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kaiser, Log-loo? rolling eyes
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Now I am confused! Teach me to poke my nose in other peoples (toilet) business. Embarassed
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm looking to raise money for a new business at the moment, I'd be interested in how Richard turned £25k stake into a £250k initial investment.

Ah, it's all in the article you linked Smile
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kaiser, My going rate is £100 an hour for fetish stuff. Discounts offered for group bookings Toofy Grin
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sorry, I always find it a struggle to perform in sub zero temparatures, perhaps you would have more joy with a certain MP?

Shocked snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy