Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Repairing jacket seam

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I've got a jacket where one of the side seams has started to come apart. There's no hole yet but there will be soon. Some white glue-like stuff started coming off it before it got worse.

I've searched the forum and people recommend seamgrip. Is it worth also covering that over with some waterproof repair tape or will the seamgrip do the job on it's own?

Pictures:
https://imgur.com/a/6VEcV
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hot glue gun.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ODG, In my experience Seamgrip is more a sealer for seams rather than holding together material that has pulled apart.
My go to for this sort of repair is Mcnett Aquasure. Not an invisible repair but it wil be waterproof and seal the hole.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My jacket is pretty much held together with this stuff, works great

https://www.gearaid.com/products/tenacious-tape
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all. None of this is particularly expensive so I'll likely use seamgrip then cover with tape to be sure. It's on the side seam under the arm so not massively visible.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Also, after gluing, a bit of spinnaker tape to match the jacket colour works well. I have patched rips in goretex jackets and the stuff lasts about 2-3 years.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ODG, what make is your jacket? Arcteryx for example would fix it under warranty Smile Worth checking just in case

Quote:
Items with defects in materials or workmanship will be replaced or repaired at the discretion of Arc'teryx for the practical lifetime of the product
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Duck tape with a bit of help from an iron. Extra gnar points as well.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It looks like its from carrying a snowboard and the sharp edge damage that comes with holding the edges towards ones jacket ?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I repaired my north face jacket (22 years old) with a needle and thread. Many holes, rips, and frays were sealed with a needle and thread. It is not waterproof, but it makes it look better. I repaired a pair of sallopettes which I burned a hole in when cooking some croques monsieur with a patch from the resort I was in at the time of the damage.

I am fairly confident I have never noticed any difference between having a hole, or having it sewn up or patched.

It is purely a vanity issue!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy