Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snowHeads stickers?

Poster: A snowHead
snowHead http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=174882#174882 snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 21-12-05 18:31; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
... launched historically at 10.51pm snowHeads time (which is Casablanca time) (11.51pm London time) to catch the apres-pub London/Casablanca shopping crowds.

Stick one on a night bus, or late-night Pistenbully. Put me down for 40 stickers for next time I see you, admin (soon, I hope!)

It occurred to me that you could make this sticker thread a sticky, for exquisite irony.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Goldsmith, good call, except now it says:
"Sticky snowHeads stickers"

Well, I'm not going to want "non-sticky" ones, cause then they wouldn't be stickers, they'd just be, um, "ers"
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
But I'm told that the legendary Bill Stickers (who was never prosecuted) used his own adhesive. He'd have stuck non-sticky snowHeads stickers all over the place.

Let's stick one on his grave.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
How do 'they' stick stickers on to chairlift pylons? Do 'they' creep out at night and shin up the pylon? Or do 'they' have very long arms, or is there a special ski pole with a sticker sticking attachment. These questions do worry me! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
boredsurfin, That is an excellent question and one that I have unconsciously consdered on quite a few chair lifts. Thank you for reminding me.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frosty the Snowman, My pleasure!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
boredsurfin, reach over and slap them on, of a bit of chewing gum on a ski pole can be useful.
...so I'm told.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Think of it as a rubber kebab
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
David Goldsmith wrote:
Think of it as a rubber kebab

That does need an explaination Shocked
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Or maybe we dont want to know Skullie
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Only similar to a rubber chicken ...

... in the sense that it's suitable for vegetarians.
--------------
Sorry, have we strayed from the subject of

stickers?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
admin,
Stickers received in the post this morning. Will put pic in snowMedia zone soon!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've noticed a fair few of the stickers appearing on helmets at the Lions Ski Club on monday nights.

Very good advertising if I may say. snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
My stickers arrived today, and very good they look too.
ski holidays
The sticker's are one sided, are there any suitable for sticking on the inside of glass? I have had to stick it on the outside of my office window, and I am worried it may be taken as a souvenir snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 7-10-05 8:29; edited 4 times in total
latest report
Maybe now would be a good time to mention that snowHeads stickers should be stuck with care....and not flyposted!!!!!!!!! wink
latest report
Elizabeth B, So please tell, how do you get them on chairlift pylons?
ski holidays
Hand one to to a fly.
snow report
David Goldsmith, Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Last year I saw two guys changing the adverts that are posted on the pylons. The most important consideration is that you have to be a snowboarder. Climbing up icy pylons in ski boots could be fun!!
latest report
Elizabeth B, You would think that was a job best done in the summer/Autumn Shocked
latest report
I remember some years ago a programme showing the dangers of sticking things to and painting motorbike helmets. In particular one chap had covered his helmet in some sort of furry stuff. The presenter took the helmet and dropped it and it dented. Apparenlty non-helmet specific glue or paint can damage the integrity of the helmet. No idea if this applies to Snowhead stickers and ski helmets but thought I ought to flag it up.

I'll be ordering some stickers in a bit. And I look forward to meeting you all on the piste or outside various bars this winter.
ski holidays
ashton parker, I'd agree with those findings, but we are talking about ski related accidents here so I'd guess/hope that the forces involved would be much less. The foam is there to take the forces anyway - not the shell.
snow report
ashton parker, I can assure you (though you were talking about helmets) that sticking a snowHeads sticker on a chairlift pylon would not degrade its performance but - as Elizabeth points out - it's highly illegal. If anyone goes to court for doing this my suggested defence would be that you actually wanted to improve the weather protection of the pylon and reduce the risk of rust.
latest report
The 'pit' in the snow around the bottom of each pylon being caused by heat absorption of the pylon/concrete, a better defence might be that it was your personal contribution to the fight against global warming, with the reflective qualities of the sticker bouncing the sun's rays back into the atmosphere.
snow conditions
boredsurfin, I think that they change them every month or so....increases advertising revenue, I guess?
snow conditions
marc gledhill, but a fall skiing or sliding is going to be more forceful than just dropping a helmet. Also its not too difficult to hit 40 or 50 mph on a board. My brother who I would classify as a relativley weak intermediate hit 47mph according to his GPS. I also have in my mind that the shell spreads/disperses the force of impact with the foam to absorb the remainder hence the intergrity of the shell is vital. Again I don't know the theory for sure just what I remember from some years back but certainly neough to ensure I don't let anybody within my sphere of influence put anything on their helmet
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just checking: Has anyone, who has ordered them, not got their stickers yet?
ski holidays
What about people who've received them, but haven't ordered them? [a pathetic attempt at keeping the thread going]
ski holidays
David Goldsmith wrote:
What about people who've received them, but haven't ordered them? [a pathetic attempt at keeping the thread going]

Got mine and I am looking forward to placing order for my next set of Snowhead sticker's that cost only £5.00 for 40 Very Happy

They can be ordered from here.]

and this link may be of interest as well!
snow conditions
David Goldsmith, I got some I didn't order, when I met up with admin, on Friday night Shocked but then I am a moderator so I'll have to distribute a few Laughing
snow conditions
Another good idea would be stickers promoting moderators. I've discussed it with

this man, and he suggested stickers saying 'MODE' or maybe 'MODER'
snow report
marc gledhill wrote:
I've noticed a fair few of the stickers appearing on helmets at the Lions Ski Club on monday nights. Very good advertising if I may say. snowHead

I picked it up from the EB counter at the ski test day. Should I have paid for it?

marc, we must remember to take some snowHead gear to ESA.
ski holidays
Hopefully I shall have some to give out at PSB next week (or maybe Elizabeth B may have some? )
snow report
I've got a few......
latest report
Got mine. Very efficient. Well done to the Admin and Co.
latest report
Elizabeth B wrote:
I've got a few......

...and a few more arrived yesterday snowHead
snow report
I got 2 with my snowHead 's hat. I can't think of anywhere to put them....

Come on lets have some examples of where fellow snowHead 's have stuck theirs? (other than on ski's or boards!!!)
snow report
ginger winger, laptop computer top
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy