Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SkiA Balance Trainer - any good?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone tried the SkiA training aid, I see it is recommended on the BASS website, so must be good?

http://www.skia.com/
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Discussed in January...

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3005169&highlight=skia#3005169

I'm not sure the people who had them used them much.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 30-10-17 10:57; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Interesting. However if you go to a gym that has free weights and a Bosu Ball you could try squats with say 10kg in each hand. Try not to fracture your ankle though!

My ski boots come out of the attic a week before I go skiing to warm up.

This is an example that I have found on You Tube.

http://youtube.com/v/vUtojsRA9nk
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I still have mine, and as mentioned on the older thread would be happy to recommend them if you can put up with the faff of putting them and your ski boots on to use them. If you're interested in a set I haven't used mine in a while so they're still for sale if you want them.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
These ARE excellent for general fitness and balance by themselves, or as applied, to augment/improve fitness and balance for a multitude of leg based sport such as skiing. In addition, do not overlook so called "balance disk" etc. which ARE exceptional and heavily employed by many of your finest figure and hockey skating and skiing personnel.

https://purebodylogix.com/en/balance-body-stay-shape/

Mini or fitness trampoline as it were also can do wonders....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
They are great for working out the binding ramp angle that best suits you. Tape a 1mm stack of business cards to the heel of your ski boots, use the Skia trainer. Repeat with a 2mm stack, and so on until you find the optimum ramp angle that gets you in balance over the centre of your boots. Then spend a fortune on buying new bindings / shimming your existing bindings to replicate your optimum ramp angle.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@debtors#2,

Quote:

Has anyone tried the SkiA training aid, I see it is recommended on the BASS website, so must be good?

I think they're of benefit - practice on them and you will bring your hips more over your skis...

I bought mine from Ebay for around £20 and now i have them i doubt i'd sell them although i use them less nowadays TBH. Yes, like others, i found them initially to be a faff. My advice is to wedge some tape into the rear strap adjustment slide to prevent it from opening up with resultant loss of positioning under mid foot central mark on boot. Then i can fit mine in about 15 secs per foot.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy