Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Walking boot custom orthotics/insoles Carlisle-ish area?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A non-ski question (sorry), but hope that someone can help as presumably somewhere that does insoles for ski/boarding boots can do them for other boots too? (I will also be needing them for my snowboard boots, come to think of it.)
Need something making up that'll support and align my feet & arches properly, not just an off the shelf insole. Something tough, lasting and custom moulded like you (hopefully) get in ski boots.
Can get to Carlisle, Penrith, Hexham, Kendal/Keswick at a pinch, other places East of M6, into S. Scotland... Any ideas where I can go?
Cheers.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.georgefisher.co.uk/ in Keswick?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sidas in Kendal https://www.sidas.co.uk (they have a podiatrist and full kit) or Andy at Anything Technical also in Kendal.http://www.skiequipmentuk.co.uk
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Grizzler, graham at Rivington alpine in Chorley, too far south?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks. Anything nearer than Keswick/Kendal d'ya reckon? Or are they the best ones?
@Markymark29, Too far South just for insoles - though have used them before for ski boots.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm 12 miles South of Carlisle (Caldbeck area) and if you want it doing properly, go to Rivington Alpine.

I am also in the process of getting a pair of motorbike boots made at Alt-Berg at Richmond. They use various places to measure your feet, including Fishers at Keswick, so maybe try Fishers. I don't think Alt-Berg just do insoles, but their boots seem pretty good.

If you don't want to travel the distance to Chorley, I echo what slider_tom says
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy