Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Smartwatches for skiing (Garmin Fenix)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@kitenski, The Strava representation looks great. I’ve just sent you a follow request.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Whilst I appreciate we are diverging, I've also never had a problem with my 1000 and the 1030 I upgraded to last year.

The new maps upgrade on the 1000 makes it much better to view too.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@bar shaker, i think it’s the 520 that is troublesome which is the equivalent to the Wahoo Element Bolt. It’s not a serious ‘nav’ conputer like the 1000 series but is awesome at following a course.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@kitenski, first day today skiing with 935. Really great and found the altitude to be quite accurate. Only issue is at tines HR seemed to be understanding and watch was not loose around wrist. How are you finding HR readings on your device? I might use the chest strap on the next trip.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Ozboy, I've found hr OK when running, not great when skiing and wasn't sure when skiing, but I did ski with a hr strap and my heart rate was still low. Skiing isn't very aerobic.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm very pleased with my Suunto Traverse. The main reason for getting it was barometric and GPS altimeter as well as navigation. The tracking feature is very good an would be useful for touring in poor viz. The battery will last a few days when using the GPS navigation. I use it for skiing, ski touring and sea kayaking, it can automatically upload to Strava. it doesn't have a heart rate monitor but I don't need it for these activities. I have a bike mounted Garmin for cycling which has a heart rate monitor; essential for cycling.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Anyone have issues with the calories on the Garmin app? I was skiing 5,000m vertical (piste) and going quite hard - Garmin (via my Fenix 5) telling me I'd burned 250-300 calories! I know my heartrate doesn't get very high skiing (compared to when I'm running), but my legs were still burning!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Dashed, yes - i have a 935 and found I was getting much better HR data when using a strap. Although skiing does not burn as many calories as I thought as it mostly low aerobic and involves lots of breaks - especially with good smooth and flowing skiing technique.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have a Quatix 5 (pretty much identical to the Fenix but with a more marine slant to it as in the summer I am a racing sailor), haven't used it for skiing yet but I'm sure it will do as well with that as it does with sailing, canoeing, cycling, hiking and running I have used it for. It is also a perfectly comfortable and practical everyday watch with a battery that lasts a couple of weeks of constant step and HR monitoring and occasional bits of app use.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy