Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Delaminating skis

Poster: A snowHead
Hey, new here:). I’ve bought a new set of skis and after about 8 hours on them one of the tips has delaminated:(, never had this happen on a pair of skis before will it be a manufacturing fault?
Would post pics but no idea how to add it to a post.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Amade083, welcome to snowHeads. We have a lot of Amade people & fans here....

Where did you buy them?

when did you buy them?

What model are they?

What kind of skiing were you doing?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey, cheers for the reply.
They’re a pair of volkl revolts 2017 model.
I’ve bought from an online retailer.

I was skiing at the local snow dome not doing anything outlandish just standard skiing, switch and a few small jumps/180s.
Having only been on them for a matter of hours I’m pretty gutted as they are lovely skis and I didn’t notice any delamination yesterday just noticed it this morning as when I picked them up they were split all across the tip:(.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Amade083, how long ago - sounds like very much under guarantee.

Volkls have developed an unfortunate habit of unplanned disassembly in recent years...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Also, maybe return to local Völkl dealer? Manufacturer guarantee shouldn’t mandate return to vendor I don’t think.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Bought them last Tuesday. They arrived on fri, skied on them sat/sun - then got up today and cried:(, they had improved my general skiing in such a short space of time I was very happy with them until this morning.
If I can take them to a local ski shop I’d be very happy as I think they came from France. (Bought from Snowleader.)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
https://m.imgur.com/gallery/uqdtKlm
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Contact the shop you bought them from. They should be able to organise returning them to France at their cost. Send photos of the problem. Should not be to much of a problem.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
https://m.imgur.com/gallery/mUAFNlZ
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cheers
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That certainly looks like a major fail.

Looks like a warranty issue. Contact the shop and show them the photos. No reason why they should not sort that straight away.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cheers dude, I phoned them earlier and emailed the photos but just got an automated you will receive a reply in 48hrs message so hoping they will swap them.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Amade083, Absolutely send them the picture first - clear case of faulty manufacture as there is no impact site on ski tip. Expect then to admit nothing in the first instance. They will forward the picture onto their supplier or volkl distributor in their native country. Expect / allow a week or two for this to be sorted at the very most !
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks, hopefully will hear today.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Amade083

Contact and deal directly with the operation from whom you purchased. By petitioning instead to an authorized retailer for Volkl, that shop might be beyond courteous and assist you in rectification, but THEY incur ALL shipping/return fees and any other expense outside of what Volkl or Volkl's distributor would absorb. Not fair. You're going to be reimbursed. Just stick with whom you originally chose to hop in bed with.

No substitute for purchasing from a standing retailer. (Why people do not do this plagues me.) They - the standing retailer - deserve same/your business as they have put their shoulder to the load, have invested substantially and are committed to the sport, the public and community and are the only way to go as opposed to some operation that hustles "seconds" (Hola!) out of the corner of some dank, mouse and spider infested warehouse in an obscure spot on the globe.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Tue 10-10-17 21:04; edited 1 time in total
snow report
So phoned again today and after phone call had an email stating that they had forwarded the pictures to volkl and this may then take 4/8 weeks to get a reply....I phoned them back and said that I wasn’t especially happy with this and was told it might take less time...not especially happy:(....I’ve had skis for a decade before these have bust after 6 hours at a snow dome.
I might just be nervous as it my first time dealing with them but if a set of skis has come apart after a matter of hours on an indoor slope it should be an immediate refund/swap.
ski holidays
My understanding is as yours @Amade083, your contract is with the retailer for goods of merchantable quality, that's the end of line.

They can either replace or refund if the goods don't obviously meet that requirement, asuming they've not been mistreated and you've notified them within normal time constraints often written in to their terms.

Their contract is with their supplier, and not yours, which is their contract to enact. You shouldn't have to wait.
snow conditions
Did you use a credit card?

I'd politely suggest to the retailer that you need skis, which is why you bought them, and as they're manifestly "not fit for purpose" you'd like your money back right now.

If they refuse, then I'd point out to them that under Section 75 you can instruct your credit card company to refund you.
They should just refund you, and if they want the junk pair back that's their expense.
You don't have to accept a replacement, from what I recall: you can just ask for your money back and they have to deliver it.

What Vokl think is neither here nor there - they should be ashamed at the poor quality of their product, and ashamed that their retailer is treating you badly.
latest report
Yeah I did pay on credit card and while that might be a plan to just demand my money back I’ve bought the skis and bindings as a package so am I still within my rights to state they are not fit for purpose and demand my money back. The bindings are fine. It’s just one wonky ski. I’d much rather they just replaced them i like the skis and was very happy with them on the brief time I had on them and was expecting to spend the next couple of months learning lots of new tricks on them before the winter season starts so to be told that I might have to wait 8 weeks for even a decision and then have to sort out posting them back seems a bit crap.
latest report
Bought from a French online seller so you're in French consumer protection not UK. Frankly I suspect a number of outfits will try it on and be successful with people not sending the return due to hassle but I've heard many are actually pretty slick.
snow report
I believe that's not quite correct: you made the purchase in the UK from Europe, you're 100% covered by section 75 so long as the stuff cost more than £100. There are other measures to protect you too, but they can't sell stuff which isn't fit for purpose, it's illegal. And their problem.

But maybe hassling them for a few days will be the quickest way to get a result; you're possibly talking to someone without enough authority (or legal knowledge) to know they're fundamentally screwed if they ship stuff like that.
ski holidays
Cheers guys, I’ll phone the credit card company and see what they say. It seems like the equivalent of buying a pair of shoes and the sole falling off one of them in the first day, taking them back to the shop and being told you might have to wait 2 months for a decision on whether your getting another pair.
ski holidays
@Amade083, curious to know which French on line retailer you bought them from. I ask because I bought mine from one about 2 months ago. All fine at the moment, but I'd be interested to know which one and how you get on; should I have any problems with mine in the future. PM me if you don't want to say publicly who they are.
latest report
Duplicate post

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 10-10-17 18:58; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@Awdbugga, will send you a message now.
snow report
Awdbugga wrote:
@Amade083, curious to know which French on line retailer you bought them from. I ask because I bought mine from one about 2 months ago. All fine at the moment, but I'd be interested to know which one and how you get on; should I have any problems with mine in the future. PM me if you don't want to say publicly who they are.

He already did: Snowleader

French customer service... well it's an oxymoron isn't it.
latest report
Ah who knows maybe they will come good with it all yet and I’m just being pessimistic as it’s dealing with someone miles away.
I’ve spoke to the credit card company and they say it’s a straight up not fit for purpose situation and are happy to step in and handle the dispute on my behalf.
I think the best bet is for me to phone them and say they can set a date to send me a new set and arrange to collect the old ones within the next week and if that’s not agreeable then let the credit card company deal with it.
Cheers for the help guys
snow conditions
Well, finally got my new pair today. Had to go through snowleader using the manufacturers warranty in the end as the bank said I’d need to hire someone to write an independent report saying that it was manufacturers fault as I’d used them:(....mixed feelings about it really. On the plus side volkl sent me this seasons model when I’d sent last seasons back which is pretty cool but then it’s been a ballache waiting a couple of months for a new set...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
result then, just in time for ski resorts to open so you can use them.
ski holidays
Initially was happy to have got a new pair but after the last pair I’ve had a quick look over them...what do you think about these lumps and raised patches on them?

http://imgur.com/L41JeDe
snow conditions
[quote="Amade083"]Initially was happy to have got a new pair but after the last pair I’ve had a quick look over them...what do you think about this lump on the tail?

http://i.imgur.com/NMMIBkE.jpg
ski holidays
@Amade083, can you post a less zoomed in photo? Can't make any sense of that one.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy