Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Black Ops 98?

Poster: A snowHead
So I may have reached a slightly enhanced stage of refreshment on Monday evening, I then got an email saying that these had gone on sale. Que waking up to an email confirming my purchase of a pair of skis that I know next to nothing about. Does anyone know much about them apart from the very sparce blurb on a couple of websites please? Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://blistergearreview.com/gear-reviews/rossignol-blackops
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@under a new name, thanks but those the wider ones which were released last season.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ah. All I could find.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@under a new name, yeah, not a lot, all very mysterious, which is great for advertising but rubbish for drunken muppets!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
There are some reviews mostly respouting Rossi marketing puff
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Guess I’ll have to wait till my first trip in December!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I know this is shallow but I think I'd finds the name too embarrassing to be seen sliding on Embarassed
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Unlike Scotts "The Ski"? Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
wills_h wrote:
So I may have reached a slightly enhanced stage of refreshment on Monday evening, I then got an email saying that these had gone on sale. Que waking up to an email confirming my purchase of a pair of skis that I know next to nothing about. Does anyone know much about them apart from the very sparce blurb on a couple of websites please? Puzzled

I think I got the same email and my interest faded at "backcountry freestyle twin tip". Good Luck , come back and give us the first impartial review!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
They look pretty hidden in my car from the other half so she doesn't get annoyed at me "wasting money" when we have a baby on the way! She's not a skier and doesn't understand N+1!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Unlike Scotts "The Ski"?

yeah that's a bit rubbish but it doesn't have the pseudo special forces cringe
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
How about Line's Magnum Opus?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
god yes - that's pretentious

still I just find appropriating special forces/military associations by civilians particularly icky
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@jedster, and “the Ski” does have 1970s significance.

My personal fave was the K2 E.I.S. (Extreme Ice Ski) - always wanted to try them!
latest report
wills_h wrote:
They look pretty hidden in my car from the other half so she doesn't get annoyed at me "wasting money" when we have a baby on the way! She's not a skier and doesn't understand N+1!

Aaaaah .... that might pose some problems - they will probably take it back...
ski holidays
jedster wrote:
god yes - that's pretentious

still I just find appropriating special forces/military associations by civilians particularly icky

+
snow report
Surely Black Ops is just a generic term for any secret squirrel stuff these days like an operating unit of Google working on a new app.
ski holidays
Quote:

Surely Black Ops is just a generic term for any secret squirrel stuff these days like an operating unit of Google working on a new app.

I tend to think the term for that is skunk works. Black ops does have a military connotation to me.
snow report
@Dave of the Marmottes, I’m with @olderscot on that.
latest report
But I don’t think “skunkworks” wuold get past the marketing-puffer-in-chief.
snow report
Yep - I think it's rather intended to convey the limited edition non garishly branded nature of the skis rather than represent that they were designed by wandering into the Salomon factory wearing an employee badge, assassinating the design director with a doctored ski pole and nicking his blueprints.

Skunkworks would work as a name for some more boutiquey brands but not Rossi e.g. I could totslly imagine an ON3P Skunkworks ski ideally with Skunkicorn graphics.
latest report
wills_h wrote:
How about Line's Magnum Opus?

What's wrong with that name? Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy