Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

telepeage doofer

Poster: A snowHead
Put in 00000 as the postcode, and add your real postcode to the final line of your address.

BTW for anyone regularly travelling in Italy too, APRR are now offering a badge that covers France, Italy and Spain.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Hells Bells, Thanks that worked Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Ozboy, once you've got your doofer/account, remember the first time you login that 00000 will be your default password and it'll be a good idea to change it.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@adithorp, Thanks for the tip.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just noticed that my windscreen's mottled area behind the mirror is completely taken up with equipment and there is no place for the doofer. Anyone else have this problem and is there a workaround other than sticking my arm and doofer out the window?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Stick it somewhere unmottled. That’s where I always stick my doofer on rental cars.

This sounds like some awful episode of “carry on skiing”
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@snowdave, I will try - instruction say mottled area only as according to sanef the clear part of windscreens have special doofer defeating powers!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
IIRC we had ours in the glove box one trip. Sure it still worked.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mine is located near the left hand edge of the screen and works fine, holding it over the mottled area definitely didn't work. Who knows what or why? I wasn't sure of the best place so partner held it up to the screen at the first 2 booths until we were sure what worked.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Ozboy, which car do you have? We have an XC90 and there's stuff like the LIDAR taking up a lot of that area. We mounted it just to the left, and it's half and half in the mottled area. It works fine! (particularly given the £81 bill I got this morning for the trip down to VT..)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Ozboy, the doofer isn't very big.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
As far as I know the transmission is only affected if you have an elec' screen demist.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I checked ours and it is on the mottled part of the screen. I know hubby originally attached it on the clear part, but it didn't work. Need to change ours over before we set off on Thursday.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@sparklies, our car is a Mercedes E-Class but the mottled area is filled to the edges with sensors for various safety and self-drive features - I just need to try having it as close as possible and hope it will work.

I can’t remember - do the telepeage lanes have barriers or do you just drive through slowly, and what happens if it doesn’t beep - will I receive a fine in the post?

@Hells Bells, the clear part of your screen, as with many modern cars, has a UV coating which is somewhat incompatible with the telepeage detention equipment - while the mottled part indicates the area free of this UV coating.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Ozboy, they have barriers. Some of them are 30km lanes so you never actually stop. The barrier doesn't open if it doesn't bleep.
latest report
@Hells Bells, okay thanks that’s good to know and i won’t bother fixing doofer permanently until I try various positions and hope not to cause a tailback!
latest report
adithorp wrote:
As far as I know the transmission is only affected if you have an elec' screen demist.

No demist on my car and it only works on the mottled part of the screen on my car - as per Helen's post.
ski holidays
Quick tip - if your doofer rattles when you drive (really annoying) - stick a lump of blu tack between the doofer and the glass to keep it steady.
latest report
@Ozboy, Check your Mercedes handbook, there is a clear diagram of which parts of the windscreen do / don't transmit - late 2016 onwards various Dab, Fm, GPS, etc etc aerials are buried within the glass. Also worth remembering should you need a new windscreen. Fit the wrong screen and the Sat Nav and DAB radio will not work! Shocked (according to the main dealer)
ski holidays
Problem in some cars is the solar reflective coating on the inside - typically on cars with aircon.
snow conditions
@boredsurfin, Thank you for pointing me to the manual which makes it clear where the doofer should be placed. I will RTFM first next time.
ski holidays
@Ozboy, Manuals wonderful things, why us blokes don't use them first is in our DNA Laughing
Had to resort to the manual to sort out door opening sequences - really straight forward once you know how Embarassed
snow conditions
@Ozboy, ours has all that, and the heated screen wires too. It worked perfectly to my surprise, as the odds did seem somewhat stacked! Stick it on the left for the best chance, but that goes without saying really.
ski holidays
altis wrote:
Just had an email from ATMB:

ATMB wrote:
Cher(e) client(e),

Nous sommes heureux de vous compter parmi nos abonnés télépéage liber-t Evasion.

Pour vous remercier de votre fidélité et plus particulierement lorsque vous utilisez les autoroutes ATMB, un nouvel avantage vous est réservé à partir du 1er avril 2018 :

- les frais d’abonnement liber-t Evasion seront offerts à partir du 3ème passage effectué sur ATMB dans le mois. Ainsi votre abonnement sera gratuit les mois concernés, seuls les frais de péage seront facturés au tarif en vigueur.

Par exemple, si vous empruntez une fois le péage de Bonneville et celui de Nangy, le troisième passage sur ATMB déclenchera la gratuité du frais d’abonnement mensuel !

Parce qu’ATMB a à cœur de contribuer au développement du territoire et de vous offrir les meilleures conditions, cet avantage vous permettra de profiter du télépéage sans limite pour vos déplacements sur notre réseau.

A compter de cette date, le tarif des frais d’abonnement mensuel sera de 1.90€/mois circulé.

Vous pouvez consulter les nouvelles conditions générales de délivrance et d’utilisation de votre abonnement, en vigueur au 1er avril 2018, en cliquant sur ce lien.

Vous bénéficiez de façon automatique de ces nouvelles conditions.

Nos conseillers clientèle sont à votre écoute du lundi au vendredi de 7h à 19h30 et le samedi de 8h30 à 16h45 au 0800 074 100 (appel gratuit depuis un poste fixe).

Nous vous prions d’agréer nos salutations distinguées et vous souhaitons une bonne route sur ATMB.

La Direction Clientèle ATMB

Which I take to mean that from 1 April the monthly fee (when used) rises to €1.90 (currently €1.60) but this fee is waived if you use it more than three times in the month.

Not quite - it's only free if you use it three times on the ATMB network - basically 100km of the A40 from Bellegarde to Chamonix.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy