Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Could snowboarding be the 'darling' of the Winter Olympics?

Poster: A snowHead
This article from Denver Post looks at snowboarding's growth (from the 1998 Games in Nagano) to become a major attraction at the Winter Olympics.

The SCUK website also has plenty of Olympics coverage:
http://www.snowboardclub.co.uk/module-htmlpages-display-pid-63.html
Introducing the British team:
http://www.snowboardclub.co.uk/module-htmlpages-display-pid-62.html

So, how well are we going to do?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'll be at Bardonnecchia on Sunday to watch Dan in the mens halfpipe...so I'll let you know. v.v.v.v.excited!!!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
you lucky g*t! Going green
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have got the video ready. Very Happy

Hope our team does well this year - they deserve too. Very Happy

Tough competion though Shocked Still, that makes a medal all the more worth winning.

Good luck to them

Meg Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
anyone know when snowboarding is on tv?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The times & results for the snowboard events can be found here http://www.torino2006.org/ENG/IDF/SB/X05.html

Not sure what's on telly and when but if you have digital TV you can press 'red' button and choose to view any live event I think.

But mens downhill skiing is on BBC2 at 10.45am and mens halfpipe from 12.45pm today

Meg Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sequoiaboard, go to the BBC website http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared/bsp/hi/tv_and_radio/programme_guide/html/today.stm shows the listings for the olympics
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shaun "Flying Tomato" White cleaned up in the mens Half Pipe. Only 19. The kid is awesome.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Went to the halfpipe today here are a couple of shots I took of the finals.

The Tomatoe storms to victory...

Passion lives here...no matter which way up you are!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was watching the BBC coverage and it was funny how out of date Sue Barker and the other woman seemed to be...
All the old cliches about how it isn't really a competitive sport - but a show.
Comments on the clothing because its baggy and worn low
but then finished off in a nice patronising voice - 'but isn't it great that its bringing so many young people onto the mountains'.

The actual commentator on the event was great - but seemed that the 'presenters' and higher echelons of the BBC are really out of touch...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
p.s. wicked pics!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes MM, I agree. Also the TV does not do justice to just how big and steep that halfpipe is either. 5m from coping to the base and the top riders were clearing the coping by 3-4m. That's a really big drop! And the whole thing slopes down hill at about 30 degress too! It was an awesome display and theses guys and todays girls are without a doubt real athletes.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Here are some comments from Jake Burton Carpenter at the Olympics: Yahoo! News.

He seems to be pretty pleased with the way things are going!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The PR and the free Advertising, I'm not surprised! However, I do think he is sincere and at the end of the day most of their kit is worth the money.

I was reading an interesting link sometime ago on SCUK about Burton (not the UK high street store) being classed as 'chav' clothing. I'm sure this is a case of peeps attempting to be ultra 'cool', but it does point to an interesting phenomenon of brand longevity.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
mountain mad, oooh that woman made me mad.... I know It shouldn't... but if they're trying to lose the fuddy duddy image the beeb has...

plus really doesn't help making comparsions between downhill skiing and half pipe... apples/oranges anyone?

How many of you prior to the media frenzy the other year considered curling a sport? As soon as 'Team GB' wins a medal... then it's a major sport!!! Evil or Very Mad

Double standards all around.

enuff.... Rant over Blush ... I'd nearly forgotten about it
ski holidays
Did anyone spot the talk about Tiramasu, sponge fingers and whisky in the Ladies event. V-odd

Puzzled
ski holidays
saxabar, Yes, I did, the whiskey is incorrect for a tiramisu though Laughing No idea, what that is all about though Confused
ski holidays
Laughing Laughing Laughing nope .. I missed that bit.... what the fuh?
snow conditions
saxabar, Yup I noticed it - think he meant Marsala, but bit of an odd comparison to make, no?
snow report
Hi nice website wonderful pictures I love to watch snowboarders. i don't snowboard myself as I'm to old LOL
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy