Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montchavin Ski Schools

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there!
We're spending Feb half term in Montchavin and have started looking at ski schools. I have a few questions for anyone that can help!
1. Has anyone else had a problem with (first world problem alert...) ski schools only doing lessons from 9-11am or 11-1pm for kids? It seems to be standard practice in Montchavin.
2. How quickly can you get out of the valley and up to the decent reds / blacks in either La Plagne or over towards Les Arcs?
3. Kids ski school options are: 9-11am; 11am-1pm; or 1-3pm. If anyone has an opinion on whether we book them into back-to-back lessons, hire a bunch of nannies (we have 10 kids between us!), or do a rota for parents to look after them all, I'd be grateful.
Thank you!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Chezza27, evo2 in Montchavin do a childcare option before/after/between lessons so you can leave them longer. There are some previous reviews on here.

You can get around pretty quickly, except to the far reaches of the domain. I did a season there (so mainly 4-5 hour days) and we skied Plagne Centre, Peisey and Champagy a lot. Arc 2000 was further so less often but still doable. Montalbert and Villaroger were day off destinations. There's good skiing on the Montchavin side too.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi @Chezza27, and welcome to Snowheads.

I've stayed in Les Coches a lot and once in Montchavin. So to answer No 2. It's a doddle. If you are going to Les Arcs it's one lift and short ski to the VE. On the La Plagne there is already a lot of good skiing above the villages and if the weather is dodgy you'll can still have a lot of fun below the tree line. To get to the other areas there are a few lifts needed but in half an hour you can be at the heart of everything.

On 1 reading the Evolution 2 website it seems to be done that way during the French school holidays to cope with the demand. Outside then it is the more standard 9-12. I don't know if that is the same at other resorts.

Re: 3 if you are asking should they do 4 hours of lessons. Mmmm tough one. Depends on the age and experience of the kids and what they've had before. I'd also speak to the ski school to see if they would have a problem with it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
On the lessons: 4 hours back to back will fry them, and probably make them hate skiing. They do get hungry, tired and thirsty pretty easily.

To be honest it depends on how much time you want to spend skiing with your kids. When ours were very little I was happy to dump...erm...enroll them in Club Piu Piu for the whole day. (2 hours of lessons in the morning, 2 hours of lunch/indoor play, a bit more in the afternoon) Now that they're older (9 and 11) we've done morning lessons, then I ski with them in the afternoons. It's actually fun now that they can handle blues and a few reds. I'd avoid the 11-1 lessons, from experience that means you won't get done with lunch until 230, and then you've only got another hour or two of skiing. So...if you want them to progress, 9-11/lunch/1-3.

IDK how you feel about nannies...we've always had a family member or friend deal with drop off/pick up at lessons.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy