Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Great new ski carrier now available

Poster: A snowHead
I posted in June that a great new ski carrier would hit very soon and on the 15th September the website went live: www.trixski.com Some people sounded keen, particularly as adding a little pair of extensions enables you to carry more than one pair of skis. The carrier itself is for carrying one pair of downhill or cross country skis. It's very simple to use, just fit, grab and go, fits in your pocket when not in use, leaves hands free for carrying helmet or holding onto your children's hands. We have a discount code of 20% off until the end of October. Just use the code FRIEND&FAM at the check-out. I'd love to have your feedback. Happy skiing.

TrixieB
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
By the way, we'll also be at the Ski Show 26th to 29th October at Battersea Park, London, on stand OC43a, a dinky ski chalet just outside the main exhibition hall. Come and see us and say hello.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Erm, new?

I've had something almost identical for years (not that I ever bother with it any more) - and a quick google shows plenty of other very similar out there right now, cheaper than yours.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Skiweb-Ski-Carrier-Classic-Design/dp/B00M0T2ERQ?tag=amz07b-21
http://www.snowlab.co.uk/manbi-ski-lift-ski-carrier.html#.Wcp7ELKGNhE
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you use anything other than hands and shoulders to carry skis you look a complete berk and deserve to have your lift pass confiscated.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The local - free to anyone with youtube and a sense of basic co ordination/ human decency
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
To be fair though it's not much different to the classic ski sling - see Aspen Highlands ski patrol etc. If you made it long enough to wear bandolier style hands free then you have a case. At the price you are selling how long til you recover on your ski show stand?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Dr John, Well said Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
And it’s certainly not a new idea... wasn’t new even in 1988 ... in fact, I could easily imagine the 1974 Sunday Times “We learned to ski” featuring something similar, but I could equally easily be imagining that... wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
TrixieB wrote:
leaves hands free for carrying helmet

I like your enthusiasm and don't want to criticise...but isn't your head a better way of carrying a helmet? I don't know what shape your head is, but mine is almost perfectly designed to carry a helmet NehNeh snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've got a Skiweb and had a look at the manbi, there's no comparison with a trixski! I perceive many think it's cool to carry your skis over your shoulder etc but obviously have forgotten what it's like when you first start skiing and you have to struggle with all that awkward kit. I'd sooner minimise all that if I was beginning all over again. Like you I've had a carrier for years, so the idea isn't new, but every year dozens of people come up to me when I'm using my carrier and ask me where I got it because they want one. Well now they can have one. Cheers!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@SnoodlesMcFlude, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Unless I missed it, the website doesn't illustrate how it works with poles. It doesn't look bad - especially worn bandolier style, hand free, but I wondered if poles would dangle and risk tripping you up. I don't have problems carrying skis as a rule, but it might be useful in some situations.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just wrap the Velcro tightly round your skis and poles, above and below the ski bindings. Poles never move and the whole lot sit together down your back. Believe me they don't slip. At least you don't risk taking someone's eyes out like you do when skis are carried horizontally on your shoulder! and even then you have to carry poles in your hand. I was frequently jabbed in the legs by poles in March when walking behind over enthusiastic arm swinging skiers!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Dave of the Marmottes, The Local is the only way to go. It’s free, requires no additional contraptions (which you’ll lose or forget on the 2nd day), and it works. For everything else, there’s
http://youtube.com/v/sU5cftDHOqo.

But it’s a free country, a free market economy, and there’s one born every minute.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Love that video, saw a few Offerings at Chillfactor today.
ski holidays
We loved it so much it's on our website! Perfect rationale for having a ski carrier! Thanks.
latest report
@TrixieB, each to their own. Good luck with your venture.
snow conditions
I have two exciting ski carrier designs awaiting patent. One is virtually free, the other is considerably more expensive, but requires zero, yes zero effort.

The first adds a touch of magic to carrying skis, because you can't feel them in your pocket until you go to get them, and then, TADA!
HANDS(tm). Once the patent comes in I reckon a user license fee of a penny per use is fair.

The next is considerably more expensive, and tricky to get hold of without a member of the opposite sex (although I have emailed Stanton for ideas if you are single), but this carrier requires zero effort to carry the skis, and can "learn" via it's user interface (or "face" for short) to carry more than one pair and really grows into the role. We are very excited about this model as with our latest "kickarse(tm)" software, it can find it's own way back to the chalet while you go to apres for a few well earned beers. It's still in the early stages, but we are using the working title of "Children(tm)".

Any advice?
latest report
thecramps wrote:
I have two exciting ski carrier designs awaiting patent. One is virtually free, the other is considerably more expensive, but requires zero, yes zero effort.

The first adds a touch of magic to carrying skis, because you can't feel them in your pocket until you go to get them, and then, TADA!
HANDS(tm). Once the patent comes in I reckon a user license fee of a penny per use is fair.

The next is considerably more expensive, and tricky to get hold of without a member of the opposite sex (although I have emailed Stanton for ideas if you are single), but this carrier requires zero effort to carry the skis, and can "learn" via it's user interface (or "face" for short) to carry more than one pair and really grows into the role. We are very excited about this model as with our latest "kickarse(tm)" software, it can find it's own way back to the chalet while you go to apres for a few well earned beers. It's still in the early stages, but we are using the working title of "Children(tm)".

Any advice?

For goodness sake, dont give too much away. Look for immediate angel vc funding.

Your code names are ingenuous though as nothing so complicated as carrying skis could really be done by those things.
snow report
@thecramps, and whatever you do don't mention the Clever Dick Helmet Hook (TM)
snow conditions
No mention of the variation on the boy/girl grab or drag. Known as the dad drag. Those who know it, know it.
snow conditions
No mention of the variation on the boy/girl grab or drag. Known as the dad drag. Those who know it, know it.
ski holidays
i'm out.
ski holidays
@Dr John, I always enjoy spotting the styles. I was particularly pleased to see the 'Tommy Gun' as that seems to be uncommon, but blown away when I had the privilege of seeing a 'hobo'. IMO, the hobo is the equivalent of a shiny in a Panini sticker album. Locals and offerings are a daily occurrence, but you're on a winner when you see a hobo.
latest report
You know you've made it when they make a new one with the trixski being in there. Never seen a Hobo in the wild. I shall keep eyes peeled.
snow conditions
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
TrixieB wrote:

I like your enthusiasm and don't want to criticise...but isn't your head a better way of carrying a helmet? I don't know what shape your head is, but mine is almost perfectly designed to carry a helmet NehNeh snowHead

I never keep my helmet on unless skiing as my head gets too hot. (I don't need my hands free to carry my helmet though, as my backpack had a flap for that).
latest report
sugarmoma666 wrote:
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
TrixieB wrote:

I never keep my helmet on unless skiing as my head gets too hot. (I don't need my hands free to carry my helmet though, as my backpack had a flap for that).

I leave it on to keep my head warm and usually there is more danger from those who dont know how to carry skis or forget they are and turn around rather suddenly.
ski holidays
sugarmoma666 wrote:
I never keep my helmet on unless skiing as my head gets too hot.

You must get really hot (or have a helmet with no vents). I'm a big fat man but rarely feel that I need to take my hat off.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
downhillalltheway wrote:
i'm out.

Anywhere nice?
latest report
@SnoodlesMcFlude, I have a flap for that.

Madeye-Smiley
latest report
@TrixieB, I see on the other thread that you're after some old skis to demo your product with.

I'd strongly recommend that you do not demo your carry system with old model skis.

I've seen numerous new products being launched over the years (inc ski carry systems) and many of them make the mistake of mating them with out of date products in their marketing etc. Better to associate yourself with other leading brands & up to date kit which helps in promoting your product as a cutting edge solution/design etc.

The images you have on your website for a new product launch are already dated (clothing, skis, no helmets etc) and ski carry systems already have an uncool rep as it is (but to be fair yours does look well thought out/made etc) and promoting it's use with out of date products does nothing to combat that.

This may seem pretty trivial as it's your carry system that you're promoting but it has quite a strong subliminal effect.

You don't have to buy the kit just borrow it for the photos or for an event etc.

Good luck with your venture.
ski holidays
TrixieB wrote:
I've got a Skiweb and had a look at the manbi, there's no comparison with a trixski!

So what's the difference, can you explain? I can't really see any - and I'd suggest making it obvious if you want people to go for your solution, especially if it costs more.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy