Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone been on the corvus freebird? Other suggestions??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm seriously tempted by a pair of black crows corvus freebirds, which sound very close to what I'm looking for (certainly from what the review on blister gear says). Enough float but with good edge hold in harder snow and stability in choppy rubbish etc. But there are only a handful of independent reviews coming up on a google search.

The past 4 years I've been on a pair of older generation Whitedots which are great but weigh an absolute ton, meaning I'd probably rather hike with them on my back than try and skin with them. Prices on carbonlite whitedots make black crows look good value in comparison unfortunately.

I've got vipec bindings I can switch onto them, but wondered if the hive mind of Snowheads had spent any time on them? My general impression is they are similar to the regular corvus but with a bit of the ASBO taken out of them, would that be fair?

Alternatively, feel free to chuck other light-ish freeride/touring crossover type things into the hat
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy