Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The cost of travelling by car to the Alps

Poster: A snowHead
Each year i budget for skiing and this year i was shocked how much it costs to simply get from Jersey - Jungfrau Region by car (CH)

This is my breakdown,i would be interested to know how much it costs others travelling from the UK to the Jungfrau Region and if this is actually reasonable Puzzled

Vignette Online 23.00
Ferry (Condor) 310.00
France 1 Night (Hotel) 68.35
Petrol (Jersey - Murren) 102.14
Petrol (Murren - Jersey) 106.48
Tolls (Jersey - Murren) 40.50
Tolls (Muren - Jersey) 34.32

TOTAL £ 684.79

I have amended this post as i got the total wrong,long day at work Laughing

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 9-02-06 20:14; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chris Brookes, I make your total £684.79 Shocked .
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chris Brookes, Buy your vignette at the border with Switzerland, online, you pay a handling charge IIRC.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowbunny wrote:
Chris Brookes, Buy your vignette at the border with Switzerland, online, you pay a handling charge IIRC.

I was wondering what the advantage might be Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chris Brookes wrote:

Petrol (Jersey - Murren) 102.14
Petrol (Murren - Jersey) 106.48

Wow, that is a lot for petrol, how far is it? My car will do about 900km on a tank of about 30 litres of diesel (cost 40 euro at the moment in France)

I saw Clarkeson has driven a couple of supercars recently, both of which can empty a 100 quid tank of petrol in a quarter of an hour. :skele:
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Alastair, thanks for that wink

davidof, 2200km return
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We're off this afternoon to morgins, PDS and will be driving, but our costs are less than yours. Roughly -
Speedferries - 50
tolls - 70
Diesel - 150 (at british prices, don't know how much it is in France yet.)

Last year we drove too and extra costs that time included snow chains at £50 and european breakdown cover with Morethan at £45 (still valid until March). We also had an extra passenger last year which brought the price down after they had paid a share.

The years before we flew with sleazyjet, but as we've had to go during school holiday time the last two occasions it's been cheaper to drive.
This year sleazy wanted over £200 each, plus the car parking. Just not worth it. We get an extra day on the slopes too.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowbunny, thanks for that.

mac,
Quote:

Speedferries - 50

thats cheap as chips,lucky you wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chris Brookes, even cheaper if you've bought a block of 10 crossings for £190.00, marvellous.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
David@traxvax, omg... Shocked
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
to reduce costs, you certainly don't need to pay anything like £68 for a night in a French hotel.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w, the only problem with the cheapies is the smell of the ciggy smoke we've encountered in the past. hence we use the Logis de France website to book, usually less than £68 though. I assume the crossings are so expensive as Chris lives in the Channel Islands.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dont forget the running costs and depreciation of 2200km
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Stay in Formule 1, Etape, Village Hotel, Premier Class. Way much cheaper. About £20 a night in Formule 1. Village Hotels are best.
I reckon it cost us between £50 and £100 although I'd have to ask mum, it certainly never cost us anywhere near that much. The whole holiday cost less!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w,
Quote:

to reduce costs, you certainly don't need to pay anything like £68 for a night in a French hotel.

True but that price includes a larger room as we have two big huskies. We stay in a Ibis hotel on the motorway.

Frosty the Snowman, very true but our car is under a 1 year old and in Jersey you are lucky to do 5000 miles a year Little Angel

crazy_skier_jules, we have looked at the Fomula 1 and others but they are so so small and found they smell of ciggy smoke( very true Helen Beaumont ) .
latest report
nChris Brookes, you won't be wanting to stay there with a baby anyway. I'd rather an extra bit of comfort for an extra £20 or so. We don't mind the Campanile ones though.
snow report
Helen Beaumont, Is that what they are called 'Campanile' ones as we need to find another hotel due to having a baby aswell.The Ibis rooms will be too small
ski holidays
Chris Brookes, handy with young ones, they have a reasonable restaurant attached too. We have had 2 kids in the room, they actually gave us a disabled one because there was more space. You still taking the huskies?
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, yes and already booked !!

We try and take two ski holidays, one week without the dogs and two weeks with the dogs.We think its unfair if going for two weeks NOT to take the dogs,they love it and the dogs are known in the village.. Laughing
latest report
Just sorting out our Easter trip at the moment. Our dog will be coming on that one too.
snow report
Helen Beaumont, still trying to book the week one now wink

Do you have the website addy for that hotel chain.I've been trying to find it.
snow report
Helen Beaumont, by the way do you except dog(s) in your lovely appartment ?
snow conditions
I am exepcting to do it for about £150 petrol (GB prices) and whatever tolls may be to Engelberg.. If you say they are £70 from Jersey then I think about £200 plus all in for me as I've gone over the top with the fuel. Didn't use the card.... last time they just waved us through and we didn't have to buy the ticket..

If there a fine for not have the vignette..??
latest report
JT,
Quote:

If there a fine for not have the vignette..??

I think they just shoot you, it's easier and cheaper Toofy Grin
ski holidays
JT, Drivers using the highway system without a vignette are subject to hefty fines levied on the spot..
latest report
that took a while but i found it https://www.envergure.fr/campanilefr.html
ski holidays
Chris Brookes wrote:
that took a while but i found it https://www.envergure.fr/campanilefr.html

Chris, you just type www.campanile.fr into your browser
latest report
Chris Brookes, yes , dogs welcome, and babies.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

we have two big huskies

i think I might prefer to take a chance with the ciggy smoke......
snow report
pam w, the difference is the dogs don't smell and they don't kill you wink

Helen Beaumont, good to know wink
snow report
Chris Brookes,my dog doesn't smell either, the hair she leaves behind is much easier to get rid of than smoke.
latest report
Helen Beaumont, what breed of dog do you have ? (sorry if i have already asked you before in a previous thread )
snow report
Chris Brookes, she's a German Shepherd/Labrador cross.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 12-02-06 20:40; edited 1 time in total
snow report
In defence of cigarettes - They dont lick their own willy or eat cat crap.
snow conditions
Chris Brookes,
Quote:

as we have two big huskies

Bring 'em to Montalbert there is quite a Huskie racing thing near here at Longefoy (just down the hill) Jo Public can pay €60 for an hour and a half sledge ride or €122 for a whole day Toofy Grin
latest report
Helen Beaumont, lovely and i bet well behaved..

While we were walking today we bumped into an Irish wolfhood..they are huge...first time i have seen one.

Frosty the Snowman, true Laughing

boredsurfin, well,if you popped over here you could go on our rig with our two pulling for free Laughing

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 12-02-06 23:04; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Our dogsledding day in Banff was excellent, the only thing worth missing a days skiing for.
latest report
As this appears to be a dog thread, I though I'd post this from a post I found in another forum:-

...........How to clean a CAT in a Multi-pet HOUSEHOLD.......

Step 1. Thoroughly clean toilet bowl.
Step 2. Lift both lids and add 1 cup of shampoo
Step 3. Find and soothe cat as you carry him/her to the toilet
Step 4. In one swift move, place cat in toilet, close both lids and sit on top so cat cannot escape.
Step 5. The cat will self agitate and produce ample suds. (Ignore ruckus from inside the toilet, cat is enjoying this.)
Step 6. Flush toilet 3 or 4 times. This provides power rinse, which is quite effective.
Step 7. Have someone open outside door, stand as far from toilet as possible and quickly lift both lids.
Step 8 . Clean cat will rocket out of the toilet and head for the outdoors where he will air dry.

Submitted by the DOG
latest report
FenlandSkier, Excellent Laughing Think we can rely on Scarpa to give it a go........and report back Twisted Evil
snow report
I used to have a Akita... best dog ever....!!

She would love the snow....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy