Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booking Ski Equipment in Ischgl

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a ski holiday for three adults booked for the Christmas week, with Crystal but have held off taking their ski pack. I have been advised by a few people that it is often cheaper to book direct with various suppliers, as is buying the ski passes in resort.

Does anyone have any information in this regard and, if so, can you recommend a good place to go to get it sorted?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We used Zangerl Sport + Mode in the town centre by the Dorftunnel. Skis in good condition and one of the cheapest in town (but you'll still need to double your ski hire budget if you're used to going to cheaper resorts). They were mostly handing out Atomic Redsters when we were there, but it was a few years ago.

If you are staying in a hotel in Ischgl itself, you can get a special rate through the hotel (VIP pass) but the pass only covers Ischgl/Samnaun and not the other resorts in the valley like Galtur. Rates here (check dates as this is high season): https://www.ischgl.com/en/active/ski-winter/prices-operationg-times/skipass-winter/prices-skimagic
Buy through Crystal if they can do better, bearing in mind that the € rate may be worse by the time you go...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
1. Ski Hire
We've used a few different hire shops in Ischgl over the years and can't say I've noticed much different in either price, quality or service.

1.1 Price
We've not found any options actually in town are what you would call cheap and most are the same price withing a Euro or 2, with Intersport being slightly more expensive. If you want to save a few pennies the story is you can get better deals down the valley - but a lot of hassle if you're not driving as you'd have to get the bus there/back to collect and return your kit.

Personally, just check where your hotel is and pick the one that's most convenient.

1.2 Quality and Service
I don't think any of us have ever had either poor kit or poor hire shop service in Ischgl, so at least you get something for the money.

2. Lift Passes
As Scarlet said if you're staying actually IN Ischgl you can get the VIP Pass, which you ccan't get otherwise - but I thought you got a discounted price for the other passes too. I've not used Crystal but Inghams sell the passes on the tansfer bus (at the 'resident' rate) and drop the passes at your hotel reception later that evening. I'd imagine Crystal do the same and it just saves hassle.

As for which pass I'd say just get the VIP one. 2018 will be something like my 8th trip to Ischgl and we've yet to get bored-enough of the VIP pass area to bother getting the bus to the other resorts. If you do you can always just catch the bus and buy a day pass for that resort.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ischgl is owned and run by about 4 families (of which the Zangerls are one)

Ask at your hotel which hire shop they 'recommend' and you'll keep things in a single family at least which (IME) leads to a warm welcome at least, if not an actual reduction in the cartel price.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ski hire is anything but cheap in Ischgl. Best bet is probably to hire through Skiset online. I know Admin has a problem with them but I've never had an issue. They use Sport Zangerl and the equipment has always been fine and a bit cheaper than hiring in resort.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
faceplanter wrote:
I have a ski holiday for three adults booked for the Christmas week, with Crystal but have held off taking their ski pack. I have been advised by a few people that it is often cheaper to book direct with various suppliers, as is buying the ski passes in resort.

Does anyone have any information in this regard and, if so, can you recommend a good place to go to get it sorted?

Hey, my wife and I are there Christmas week with Crystal too, which hotel you in ?
Andy snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Eurosport in the middle of town is excellent. The ski shop at the top of the mountain at Idalp is also good and for €10 per day you can try all sorts of ski's and keep swapping until you find something you like. Nice if you fancy comparing say a set of GS race ski's across 3 or 4 brands.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for all the useful info. I think I will try Skiset as I've used them before and saved about £30 a head. If that's not an option this time (last time I looked at their site, no options for Ischgl displayed) I will book through Crystal.

Thanks again. Smile
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just go to the website of Zangerl...you wont be disappointed. You can reserve your skis online. If you like when you are there, ask for Jurgen in the store.

http://www.skirent-ischgl.at/en/home/your-full-service-provider/
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mayr wrote:
Just go to the website of Zangerl...you wont be disappointed.

* Though you might have a heart attack if you look at the price of some of their gloves while your friend picks up his hire gear!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy