Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First pre season skiing dream for 17/18

 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone else start dreaming about skiing pre season? This happens to me every year, and involves a dream where I can see snow, but everything conspires to keep me off the mountain. This season's first dream went along these lines: I was with a group of other skiers and they all had Head super shape Titan skis-all lined up. I had a pair too and my wide powder skis with me. I had kept them apart from the others, as they were all novices. We got near the mountain slopes and you could just make out the bottom of the snow line below the clouds and mist in the trees. I went to get my skis which had been left in a concrete bunker type building, but they weren't there. Someone had borrowed them....and so I just couldn't go skiing..
And then I woke up.
Last year, my dream involved being on a chair lift which was cross crossing other lifts, with the pistes below, but none of the lifts ever got me to the top of the slope.
Very Happy Roll on winter!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is there an official date when ski dreams stop being post season dreams and start being pre season dreams? Puzzled
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
This happens to me every year, and involves a dream where I can see snow, but everything conspires to keep me off the mountain.

That is a nightmare surely.

Dreams are fascinating... I dream about them every night.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You're not alone, although my dreams are kinda perennial ).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I sometimes dream about being on ski slopes where all the snow has randomly disappeared and I'm having to walk down them instead!

That actually happened in Saalbach once lol

I start feeling pre-seasonish about the end of September, although my skiing prospects are a long long way off. Might be just one week next season.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@HoneyBunny, Well, in my dream I'm sitting here in Saalbach, looking out of my window at the Schattberg black run opposite, and it's all green and deserted, apart from a few cows and goats....and mountain bikers...hang on, I've just pinched myself - I'm not dreaming!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I had a nightmare last week where some kid stole my skis on a 30cm powder day.
cant wait for winter.
also, if you look like that kid, you better watch out!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Funny how there s a universal lack of snow (or access to it) in dreamland Shocked Most of my ski dreams have this characteristic.
Obviously a collective worst nightmare.
I have also had horizontal gondolas that don't go anywhere, a chair that whizzed me up over the snowfields to green grass and mist; and a hotel foyer with gondola download by the lift up to the bedrooms (gondola came in through a customised hole in the wall..)

Good job our dreams are not (always?) reality!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@suec, I suppose dreams provide an insight into our subconscious fears. Heavy investment in snow-making does much to allay such fears.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tatman's Tours wrote:
@HoneyBunny, Well, in my dream I'm sitting here in Saalbach, looking out of my window at the Schattberg black run opposite, and it's all green and deserted, apart from a few cows and goats....and mountain bikers...hang on, I've just pinched myself - I'm not dreaming!


It must be weird being there with no snow! Very relaxing though, and nice and warm I'm sure.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Perty wrote:
Does anyone else start dreaming about skiing pre season? This happens to me every year, and involves a dream where I can see snow, but everything conspires to keep me off the mountain. This season's first dream went along these lines: I was with a group of other skiers and they all had Head super shape Titan skis-all lined up. I had a pair too and my wide powder skis with me. I had kept them apart from the others, as they were all novices. We got near the mountain slopes and you could just make out the bottom of the snow line below the clouds and mist in the trees. I went to get my skis which had been left in a concrete bunker type building, but they weren't there. Someone had borrowed them....and so I just couldn't go skiing..
And then I woke up.
Last year, my dream involved being on a chair lift which was cross crossing other lifts, with the pistes below, but none of the lifts ever got me to the top of the slope.
Very Happy Roll on winter!



Very similar - bussing up to some excellent looking snow filled slopes only to find my skis hadn't been loaded onto the coach! Rest a nightmare as I fought my way against the tide back to the loading point ...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I once had a dream I could actually ski.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
i had another where someone had borrowed my boots and i had to go get them, but they were left out in the cold and were too tight to get them on.

harrim51 wrote:
I once had a dream I could actually ski.

lol
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My skiing dreams usually revolve around opening my bag to find critical bits of kit missing or endless faff on a powder day meaning I get to the lifts as they are closing. Probably more accurately they are classic anxiety dreams centred around FOMO. I never have the fear of a green planet dreams but often I construct entire substitute resorts in my head for places I already know well - e.g. a Whistler where you can go skiing at Function Junction and ski over to another place (possibly the Callaghan Olympic park).
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

My skiing dreams usually revolve around opening my bag to find critical bits of kit missing or endless faff on a powder day meaning I get to the lifts as they are closing


Haven't had it for a while but me too. Or arriving in resort having left everything at home.
Think it's a juggling balls at work stress dream really.
snow conditions



Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy