Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bamboo base layers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sportpursuit have some Bam branded base layers at the moment. It seems they contain 25-30% cotton. Has anyone tried them? Will the cotton hold water? Is the anti odour quality if bamboo effective? Am I worrying too much?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rogg, The anti odour is ok, I wouldn't use them as base layers, but do like bamboo T shirts to laze around in. Find them very comfortable for summer, as they feel cool.

For cool weather base layers I'd wear merino and the Isobaa they have are pretty good Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Bones.

I've got a few merinos and synthetics, the Patagonia Capilene is really good. Just wondering about bamboo.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I won a bamboo top in the Snowheads raffle a few years ago, and chose one for the missus. Its still going strong and she says its the best thermal top she owns and wore it on a nighttime walking marathon she did and was perfectly warm throughout while others were wearing multiple layers to stay warm.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was a merino fan, until I got some bamboo base layers. I had both with me last season and always favoured the bamboo. I found it warmer and softer, although I do always have trouble with wool, even merino sometimes, so my skin may be more sensitive than most.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy