Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Line Supernatural 108

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Am thinking of getting some skis for powder days and back all mountain.

I'm a large chap (105rkg) and ski aggressively. Am happy off piste, on steep, icy, bumps etc....

I will be skiing for about 5 weeks this coming season in France hence buying instead of hiring.

I have two pairs of boots - Salomon xmax 130's (love 'em), and Salomon Xpro 120's with tech fittings.

Last season I started getting into skinning.

I've read a lot of good about the Line's.TH2 WTR16 bindings.

I'm also considering the idea of fitting them with Quiver Killer or Binding Freedoms and perhaps getting Dynafit Radical bindings for the touring days.

I'd be interested in peoples thoughts and suggestions.

thanks
chris
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Chris. I read somewhere that a lot of people make the mistake of buying skis for the conditions they'd like to ski, not the conditions they will be skiing most of the time. I read that after buying my Line Sir Francis Bacon skis, but no regrets as I love them and use them as my one ski quiver. Sounds like you'll be doing similar.

Others will be recommending a ski test day. That does make sense as I rented a few times last season also - didn't like Atomic Vantage 90s, indifferent to Rossignol Sin 7s, liked Dynastar Cham 97s. But others will say the opposite.

I am also in the process of replacing the bindings on my SFBs with tech bindings to do some short tours. I got Beast 14s from Jon at thepisteoffice.com. He will give you excellent advice on which bindings may interfere. My plan was to use them for everything as I don't intend to lug two pairs of ski boots around. I won't quiver killer them now. But it's easy to fit quiver killers in the same holes later, if I decide to get some lighter touring skis for example.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Themasterpiece, let us know how you get on with touring bindings on your SFBs, I have a pair and might have thought they'd be too heavy for skinning but if they work they work, then it's just a matter of how much effort is too much so I'll be interested in your findings. Thanks!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy