Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

skis for my son - advice please!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi - my son is 15, a very good skier (skied several weeks a year since age 3 and still has lessons, largely as we're too scared to go where he wants to go) and adult sized (over 6 ft tall, 76kg). We're looking for some new skis for him - all mountain, approx 50% piste, 50% off piste. Anyone got any recommendations? He's a fast, reasonably aggressive skier. They don't necessarily have to be latest season (in fact a discount would be ideal lol...)
thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Something from the Blizzard Range may do the trick...Brahmas (under 90mm under foot). Or slightly fatter Bonafides. Nordica Enforcers get good reviews too. I have a shiny new pair of last season's Brahmas in the cupboard waiting for the snow. I've tested them a few times on ski testing weekends over the 3 years, and they always come top for me- I just needed an excuse to make a purchase.
Don't be tempted or persuaded to go too short. There are some of last season's out there still on the sales, but I think they are mostly the shorter lengths.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Here are some choices:

Blizzard Brahma or Bonafide
Nordica Enforcer 93 or 100
Head Collective 105
Fischer Ranger 98 Ti
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rockered freeride type ski at least 90mm wide and around 180 length. Depending on how good he is i.e. can he ski off piste pow and chop in the same style as he does on piste consider going wider but not stupid wide. At that age no need to strain a developing skeleton and youthful athleticism should enable him to do more with skinnier.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There's only one pair of 15/16 Whitedot R.98 trads in 185cm left & they're in my shop at the right price Toofy Grin. Exact same ski as the current/next seasons ski but the old top sheet.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks - that's helpful - my husband has Scott the Ski and rates them, would they be suitable for my son too do you think?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@smsm, Suitable? Absolutely. It's a quality ski.

Will he like them? Maybe yes maybe no. It's a taste thing. I recognise that The Ski is a quality product, however when I used it I thought it was lifeless and boring. Personally I think the Salomon X-Drive 88 is a really good all rounder but again others will probably disagree

Maybe as a family you should do the Snowheads Oktobertest in, naturally, October... and see if there's something he likes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
smsm wrote:
thanks - that's helpful - my husband has Scott the Ski and rates them, would they be suitable for my son too do you think?

The reason I didn't mention the Scotts, is that you described your son as a fast, competent and reasonably aggressive skier....so I went with skis that are stable and damp. The Scotts are excellent All Mountain skis, but are on the fun/playful, rather than damp side of the spectrum.....and don't take too much effort to pilot (which suits an old man, like me).
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ha ha - probably why my husband likes them!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy