Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best European ski resort

Poster: A snowHead
Hello I'm sure this posts comes up all to often.
Looking to move to Europe around October November and do a ski season. Really stuck as to which resort to pick. Main ones I've been looking at are st anton chammonix val dsiere and verbier.
Just for some info. I'm a snowboarder. Night life is a must and plenty of women but also with a great mountain and snow. Also suggestions as to which is the easiest to live at with costs of living and availability of jobs.
Cheers guys
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chamonix? Women? My lady friends tell me, "the odds are good but the goods are odd"

I think there are about 99 blokes per gurl, or something..
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Like one big Chlamydia Farm Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Shocked
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don't think there is a best - but may by St. Anton would satisfy your needs - but bring a lot of many to charm the women. Toofy Grin

May be you should give some idea about your age? Sounds like you are very young?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Hyst, either that or some dirty old bloke catching up on life Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Point taken - then he needs even more money along. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Haha I'm 22. Women isn't a neccisity just makes things a bit more fun let's be honest haha
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Depends a bit on your level. If you are going to get into ski/board mountaineering etc then Chamonix trumps everything else but if not then I might go somewhere a bit more purpose built. You might find that you get to ski half a day and being able to minimise the time between being at work and on the snow becomes pretty important. Any of the others would be good. I might at the Trois Vallees too.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alistairg3322 wrote:
Women isn't a neccisity

Hard to type one handed I know.

The ratio is bad wherever you go but I noticed that party places like Mayrhofen are less bad.

Of your choices I'd go for Verbier or Val D'Isere.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What is your budget? Are you looking to work, or just bum the season?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Agreed: Cham is quite the fest de saucisson and St Anton the wurst.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kenzie wrote:
Are you looking to work, or just bum the season?
Didn't the fellow say he was rather one for the ladies?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Alistairg3322 wrote:
Looking to move to Europe around October November and do a ski season. Really stuck as to which resort to pick.

Best answer - don't (pick that is).

Why not spend some time bumming around different resorts getting a taste for what each country and resort has to offer. If you fall in love with one, stay there. If you make friends who are going somewhere else/coming back to another resort later in the season you can go/meet up with them again.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Alistairg3322 wrote:
I'm a snowboarder. Night life is a must and plenty of women but...

This resort does not exist, not even for snowboarders with their baggy kecked allure.

Pick somewhere get organised with accomodation, pass etc and get on with it. There is no "best" resort and most people who've done seasons will swear that wherever they were was the best time ever.
snow conditions
Can't go wrong with St Anton, Val d'Isere or Verbier. I've gone off Chamonix except for hardcore ski mountaineering days. Val Thorens another option for a long season and big ski area
snow conditions
Just to throw something different in, would you consider Grandvalira (Andorra)? Great skiing and nightlife, probably with a better M:F ratio than Chamonix or St Anton. Not as cheap as it used to be famous for, but I'm only going by lift pass and hotel prices in my experience. Has some brilliant parks

If I had to choose between the ones you've listed above I'd pick Chamonix or Val d. Chamonix for the skiing and scandinavians, and Val d for the skiing and easily accessed off piste.

I can't stand Verbier, but I have a couple of friends that live there and love it - maybe I just haven't spent enough time there but it's always horribly busy and tracked out when I visit. St anton is a bit the same
snow report
Forget about looking for the best resort. Accommodation is going to be the killer cost. Start searching now for something you can afford. I would start with Chamonix and Bourg St Maurice. Both give you a chance of finding a room in a shared house for the season.

The other possibility might be to get a job with a ski company like SkiWorld, one that comes with accommodation. As a newbie you will have to accept their choice of resort and snow time will be limited.

If money is not an issue then Davos is amongst the best boarding resorts in Europe.
snow conditions
France - lots of Chalet girls.

Val d'sere would be the obvious.

Avoid St Manton
snow report
Abandon France. Save your pennies. Go to Vail. Get eaten by cougars.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy