Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austrian Snow reports

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Well its snowing here again. Looking at the radar

http://www.wetteronline.de/dldlradf.htm

I think we are in for quite a bit more!!!The weather service is warning about 40cm!!

http://www.wetter.at/ This is the weather warning.

That will already add to the 100cm we have now. The last few weeks we have had wall to wall sunshine with temps just above freezing so the snow has melted a bit. It helps with making our snow piles smaller[8D]

So if any one is heading to this side of the Alps ( the tyrol do not have as much as us!!) for a skiing holiday conditions are looking very good.[Very Happy][Very Happy]
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just hope the slopes hold up for my trip to Zell on 11th March
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Obergurgl on Saturday - looking good! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm going to Bad Gastein at the start of March but I am not going to allow myself get hung up over snow reports, there is enough worry in the world!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I travel to Zell tomorrow. Got quite excited looking at the hotel's webcams and seeing quite a bit of fresh snow at resort level snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Have a good trip Elizabeth B,

Conditions look 1st Class
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just looked at the temperatures currently being forecast in Obergurgl - -19C, and even -28C on Saturday night. Not skiied in such temperatures before. Is it do-able? My 14 year old was cold last night watching TV at home, so goodness knows how to keep his feet and hands warm. Does wearing 2 pairs of socks work? I have bought some of those chemical hand warming chemical sachets. Is it OK to tuck them between mitts and inners whilst skiing? Brrrr Skullie
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
noggy, Obergurgl does get very cold - that's why it has such a long season.

I was skiing quite comfortably in -18 in Obertauern at Christmas so I think -28 is still perfectly doable. Just make sure you take plenty of breaks to warm up.

I'd advise against wearing 2 pairs of socks - don't think that would be very effective. The glove warmers are not bad though.

Have you checked what the predicted wind speeds are? That's just as important as temperature IMV.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It has been pretty windy, although very variable. I don't dare look at windchill! I shall take the travel scrabble. I don't know if the web cams are fully operating, but they currently show a -19C and no one on the slopes.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
noggy,

We live and often ski in New England where it can get very cold. Has not been very cold this winter, however. I often put one of the chemical hand warmers between my inner liners and outer gloves, works quite well. There are also toe warmers which my wife often uses. They have a sticky side and she just sticks them onto her socks. They certainly help her keep her toes warm. I'd also suggest a neck gaitor (SP?) or full head protection. We've skied in temperatures around -20C and had good days, especially if it's not windy. I find the wind to often be more of a problem than the air temperature.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
noggy, we've been to Obergurgl in similar temperatures. If you wear sufficient layers it's not too bad. Last time we were ski-ing with the SCGB rep and several of the party developed little white patches of frostbite on their cheeks. You need to watch each other for this regularly and go inside to thaw out if it happens. Didn't happen to us. According to the rep, if it did happen then you need to be especially careful in the future because that area will be more susceptible in the future.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
All - Thanks. Have sent the missus out to buy a couple of face masks and some more hand warmers.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Any more info on the conditions in the tyrol....getting worried now Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have just heard news from Austria. As they say the country is under snow, most headlines claim that there is a 'Snow Chaos' in the whole country.
Just some examples:

- the railway station in Zell am See had to be closed, the large amount of show seemed to be dangerously heavy on the roof
- 80 cm fresh snow fell in Bad Ischl in one night
- numerous accidents on motorways, several roads are closed, some towns can not be accessed
- in many regions the avalanche alarm is on level 4 again

+ about 400,000 kids start their usual winter school holiday this week
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jusk back from StAnton. Lots of snow, snowed almost non stop since wednesday night. The upper mountain was closed as there were strong winds. There are icy/bald spots due to the winds and wind blown crust. Also the avalance danger set at 4.
Forecast for the next few days is clear sky, so in the words of the SKGB - glorious days
latest report
Back from Obertauern yestarday
Snowed all week great skiing when the sun managed to get through
Coldest -14 c and windy at times
All lifts and runs were open
High avalanche risk offpiste
Motorway was clear on Satarday chains needed for mountain roads
Airport was operating as normall
latest report
How long does it take to drive to austria from Calais. ?
latest report
About 10 hours to Hintertux from Rotterdam
latest report
Eastern Austria report.....

Local hill has over 4m of snow. Many buildings are at risk because of the snow loading on the roof. Saw a crane being used to claw the snow off one roof and partially block the road.

http://www.bergfex.at/austria/schneewerte/?sortBy=Berg

snow conditions
wow.....................
ski holidays
We will be in the Tyrol yippee!

But no more nasty snow/roof collapses I hope.
latest report
Lorraine,
Whereabouts in the Tyrol Puzzled

Us ZaS March Very Happy snowHead Very Happy
snow report
Just back from Bad Gastein. Conditions were very wintry at the start of the week - at the top of the Stuberkogel there were severe winds and very low temperatures made woRse by the wind-chill factor, visibility was terrible for much of the week. The sun was only visible on the first day, last sunday and re-appeared yesterday ( saturday ) when we were leaving the resort. Conditions of the pistes are however excellent with lots of powder on them ( where it has not been blown off by the wind ) pity about the visability and lack of sunshine though. To mitigate this I skied on the tree lined runs of Graukogel and bussed it two days in a row to Dorfgastein - 30 minutes away which has some lovely tree lined pistes; also to Schlossalm which on the Bad Hofgastein side has some nice tree-line pistes - red run HI from the top at Hohe Scharte is a cool 8kms from top to the bottom bringing you in to BH - done it twice at the end of the two days with an excellent apres ski marque at the bottom ( Pyrkerhohe ) to look forward to.
ski holidays
Zillertal valley, staying in Lannersbach and a couple of nights in Hintertux
ski holidays
It had better last until mid march, St Anton booked for um trip 3 of the year rolling eyes
latest report
Saturday in Lech and Zurs was perfect conditions, a foot of powder off piste, and beautiful sunshine. Very Happy
ski holidays
Had a roof collapse in our village today due to the snow, thankfully no-one hurt. Eldest son(nearly 6) was worried about his playhouse roof so...
snow conditions
Hope that there is no more news like that djfletcher, I'm really glad nobody was hurt.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Had a roof collapse in our village today due to the snow, thankfully no-one hurt. Eldest son(nearly 6) was worried about his playhouse roof so...
So we buried it
Very Happy
snow conditions
St Anton website claim 30cm of new snow to play in.

4 weeks to go Very Happy
snow report
I'm off to Soll on 11th March, the snow reports are looking pretty decent right now but what are the temps like in March? Will it be icy in the morning and slushy by the afternoon?
snow report
Just got back from a week in Zell am See. Loads of snow, although on Thurs it was raining at resort level. It snowed again on Friday though snowHead
ski holidays
Hintertux and environs very good, getting as bit hard packed towards Saturday but it snowed from 4.30 Sat evening and was still snowing hard on Sunday morning when we left snowHead Going green
ski holidays
All sounds good...
I will continue to do my snowdance in the living room that there is regular snow for next two weeks
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy