Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Telegraph Ski and Snowboard Show London

Poster: A snowHead
You could follow the suggestion from Timc above as free tickets seems like a fairly good discount .
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fair point, well made.
Done and it works.

ok. deal with that is you do have to sign up to the subscriber, but its 30-days free trial so looks like as long as you remember to quit the subscription within the month.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It may be 14 days to cancel ?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Linds wrote:
@mcspreader, Birmingham and the spacehoppers was an great weekend Very Happy

Sure was. Best ski show I have been to.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Timc, +1 for the tip.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ok, so off the back of this, who is going be in attendance on the Saturday?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We going on Sunday

Answering an earlier question. Had confirmation from the organisers on the length of the skating sessions.

“The ice skating sessions are 45mins, but please arrive 15minutes before your session to ensure you are booted up.”
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just for the people who know me, we have had to cancel going to the London show, which usually is very good for us. So Sorry guys won't be there.

Unfortunately Mrs Snowshepherd is pretty ill so can not leave her, or have her help out as usual, she has a major dose of Shingles which for people who know me, can guess why she is struggling with it. (4 weeks now!)

Anyways will be there next year, and hope everyone has a good time
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
livetoski wrote:
Just for the people who know me, we have had to cancel going to the London show, which usually is very good for us. So Sorry guys won't be there.

Unfortunately Mrs Snowshepherd is pretty ill so can not leave her, or have her help out as usual, she has a major dose of Shingles which for people who know me, can guess why she is struggling with it. (4 weeks now!)

Anyways will be there next year, and hope everyone has a good time

Shame.

Get well soon Mrs Snowshepherd
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@livetoski, Please send our best wishes to Mrs S, hope she is feeling better really soon.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Mike Pow, @Linds, Thanks guys, will pass on your best wishes.

Also if any snowheads need gloves or mittens the Snowshepherd or Kinco ones then the code SHOW will give you an extra 10% off if your already a snowhead registered on my site then you will get a little more discount than normal, call it a show deal !!! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Timc, Thanks, signed up for the free trial to get a ticket. The free tickets are sold out for the Saturday now.

BTW The Telegraph tickets don't include a Hemel pass.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@livetoski, I had them a month or so back, and it was not so much after the shingles that came out that was the issue it was the build up before with a whole host of horrible symptoms. I was actually relieved for the rash to come out and be diagnosed with shingles as I though there might be something more sinister going on.

Anyway a friend recommended I take Lysine and together with the prescribed Aciclovir which I only started taking three days after the rash it had more or less gone in seven days.

My OH is going up for Press day tomorrow wearing her Style Altitude Editor cap I'm not bothering as I don't think there's too much in the way of new kit on show etc and have met with a couple of distributors anyway and keep an eye on new developments anyway elsewhere.

The show is not meant to be a gear heads show anyway.

Still recall the bonkers events nigh on thirty years ago at Earls Court when it really was a day out, though could never remember the journey home Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anyone go today? See the Hoff?
Will be going on Sat. They had better have Huskies else wont be going again snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The dogs for the blind stand had a black stuffed dog !

Sign of the times ?
snow conditions
Ultra wrote:
Anyone go today? See the Hoff?
Will be going on Sat. They had better have Huskies else wont be going again snowHead

Yep. A Leg end and a true gent
ski holidays
Tirol 164 wrote:
The dogs for the blind stand had a black stuffed dog !

Sign of the times ?

It's a tough training course for the dogs, not all make the grade...,..

NB We'll be there this afternoon.
ski holidays
OH said majority of stands were for the resorts with a few others sprinkled between, outside was not very pleasant in the rain.
ski holidays
I'm glad I had a free ticket - definitely not worth the £22 walk up entry price!

It's probably most useful for people who want to chat to reps from various resorts and pick up brochures etc. Personally I prefer to do my research mostly online.
snow report
@Ultra, went yesterday for the first time in 8 years, slightly underwhelmed by most of the show, previous years the likes of snow and rock and others were a massive presence, walked through S&R a couple of times before I realised they were there!

I think the idea of the external displays/stands/food was good and could give a winter feeling to it, though the drizzle did not help.

I did see the hoff (and graham bell), in and around the alpine-resort hire stand, and manage to snag several tee shirts for my daughters from them.

a few other freebies handed out, beenies from swiss air etc. though as much as I tried I could not find the free mustard @hammerite,
found last year!!

I did chat to the owners of alpine accessories (they have been highlighted on other threads) about upcoming stock of gondolas they will be supplying some time next year, which I am quite interested in.

the main reason I went this year, was to get the snow centre vouchers (we will be visiting hemel before xmas now for a pre trip warm up), as the family ticket for the show was £40 compared to £86 for the SC tickets, what with free ski magazine subscription it was financially viable.

I am currently on a project along the river, so logistically relatively easy for me to get to (though not for the rest of the family this year), will go again next year with the family if it is logistically and financially viable, kids would like the free skating as well.
snow report
[quote=@terrygasson], as the family ticket for the show was £40 compared to £86 for the SC tickets, what with free ski magazine subscription it was financially viable.

I am currently on a project along the river, so logistically relatively easy for me to get to (though not for the rest of the family this year), will go again next year with the family if it is logistically and financially viable, kids would like the free skating as well.[/quote]

The early bird family ticket was £30 so if you do want to go again look out for those. Makes it more attractive and viable. If the skating is any good then it pays for itself in the day.
snow report
@ster, I missed out on the early bird tickets, as we only decided late if we were going to go to hemel (needs to be used up by 24th of December) before our trip in feb, though to be honest if you really wanted to be unscrupulous you could just buy a single ticket (or on a freebie) and claim family vouchers, as there was no form of confirmation to the snow centre, entrance ticket was taken away at the gate, you just rocked up to their stand and asked for the vouchers.

That was the case yesterday anyway, it may change later on and ask for ID?

still trying to work out about free subscription to this seasons magazine though Puzzled Puzzled
snow conditions
Quote:

I'm glad I had a free ticket - definitely not worth the £22 walk up entry price!

I didn't go, but my husband went and said he thought £22 was steep to go into what was basically a shopping mall, he enjoyed meeting the Powdair team though.
snow report
EDIT: subscription sorted, called the magazine subscription dept direct and they are sending out Octobers back issue as well!
latest report
Swissie wrote:

I didn't go, but my husband went and said he thought £22 was steep to go into what was basically a shopping mall, he enjoyed meeting the Powdair team though.

Met them at Ellis Brigham on Tuesday night and was very interested by what they were offering and great to chat too. Interested to see the changes from last year when visiting tomorrow, but from the comments below i get the impression it is transitioning from the expo set up at earls court to becoming more of the outdoor festival - I wonder if one day it ends up becoming a big air event similar to the one that use to take place next to battersea power plant.
latest report
@musehead,
Quote:

I'm not, if I hadn't had a free ticket I wouldn't have wasted a day going.
ski holidays
Now Im laughing ..never the less Timc thanks for the heads up on the tickets the show was ok but nothing like years gone by.
I hope I can cancel the bloody newspaper and decide wtf Im going to do with a £10 great lump of Butta graphite wax ?
snow report
@Tirol 164, Use your imagination rolling eyes rolling eyes Toofy Grin Twisted Evil Embarassed
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Said it once and will say it again, I can't believe that any visitor to the show can't recoup the £22 admission fee in savings on purchases, nibbles, freebies, and face to face information with human beings.
snow report
Up for grabs my codes for 1 hour access to Hemel Hempstead:

17LP30446
17LP22882

All in all i'm glad I had some free tickets - was good to speak to a few of the guys at the stands. Much better atmosphere than the year before.
snow report
i thought it was great, spent ages talking to loads of people about different resorts, get some great information, picked up some toys, got loads of info on CARV, enjoyed the avalanche talk. We left earlier than I'd have liked as my 11yo daughter was getting a little bored but I actually thought it was well worth the family ticket. I missed loads of talks and probably half the world of ski locations, easily could have done a few more hours. As a newbie to the sport and not very well traveled it was very informative.
ski holidays
Big news out of Georgia.

Year round Season Pass (Ski, Bike & Hike) for 4 biggest resorts is 180 euros.

Yes you read that right.
ski holidays
Now thats a contender for a trophy tip or post !

Is the show busy today I have a ticket but am too busy... think it shuts at 5pm although great weather for battersea park
snow report
We had a good conversation with Michael at Firstaid4sport. They were doing a show discount on Donjay knee braces - £200 off and we webt with every intention of getting one for Always29s bum knee but after spending good half hour with them on the stand she just didn't click with it and he said the same. No point in getting something if you won't use it.

Still we talked through plenty of options and will be back in contact with them about some alternatives which may work better for her.

For anyone going with a duff knee recommend popping by their stand.
ski holidays
Thought there was quite a good atmosphere outside, compared to previous years - although this may just have been lack of rain and going early evening so the darkness and lighting added to tha atmosphere. The alpinresorts stand added some Austrian apres atmosphere to the otherwise quite sterile indoors (I bet those guys were suffering this morning...) - you may or may not consider that a good thing. Usual assortment of resorts, clothing and gapper gadgets, somehow missed the Carv stand which probably would have interested me. Big brands notable by their absense - only major ski manufacturer in attendance that I noticed was Rossignol. A few boutique ski manufacturers were there. Snow and Rock seem to taken some space but only sent dummies (real dummies, not being rude about their staff who were notable only by their absense). Didn't bother with the ice skating as it just looked bumpy and wet and we really just didn't feel like it by the time our slot came round.
ski holidays
Richard I actually tryed the Donjoy base £40 type they had which was priced well .
The chap Micheal and co worker went the distance pointing out the positive and negative as fit in my case was not optimal but ok.
Put the purchase on hold as I really dont want more stuff too carry out or understand fully if I would benefit from it .
My thoughts were one has to try one too know but they offered a very good level of service when i saw them .
latest report
We went today, and we got loads of stickers, hats, sunglasses, lanyards etc... The show seemed smaller and quieter than ever. The children got their skating at midday, with about 2 other people. We got our codes for Hemel, watched the guys on the jumps - and went home, much earlier than planned. It lacked atmosphere today. Go-pro weren't there, or many of the big names of previous years. We still (sort of) enjoyed it, but the effort of getting there and the ticket price will make us think twice about next year.
latest report
@terrygasson, the mustard, oat cakes and hot sauce freebies were in the entry goodie bag last year, which we were given on the way in and out for good measure!
latest report
This year's (plastic) goody bag contained oats, a cereal bar, brioche and lucozade. Today they just gave you two on the way in!
snow report
When we've taken the kids before they have a competition amongst themselves to see who can make off with the most booty by turning the cuteness up to 11. Unfortunately they were off at Beaver Camp this weekend so we had to rely on our own innate charms to woo the freebies out of the stands. Ate a LOT of cheese in the French quarter... Upset the boot dryer people by being quite scathing of their product. Was quite taken with the jiggle plate until I found out it was £600!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy