Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French politician evicted from piste for anti-snowmaking protest

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The former French environment minister has been ordered off the pistes of Alpe d'Huez by the local mayor. Serge Lepeltier was distributing pamphlets opposing the use of snowguns above the resort.

Lepeltier has formed a protest group called Valeur Ecologie, which opposes snowmaking because of its water consumption and use of additives to boost production. Snowguns are also heavy users of electricity and can generate high noise at night, when they are generally used.

This report from PisteHors.com.

Were you in Alpe d'Huez when this incident happened, and did you see one of the leaflets?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think he's right. Snowmaking is a scandalous and wasteful use of energy. I say the laws of natural selection should apply to ski resorts: no snow=goodbye.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kevin mcclean, I think the natural law of 'If you don't live within 50kms of a resort and are part of the micro-economy then you can not ski' applies.

Next Twisted Evil
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That, Mr Evans, is a classic tactic of diversion which is designed not to meet a specific point but goes some way to assuaging a degree of annoyance you clearly feel!

Next non-sequitur please.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kevin mcclean, Just checking my dictionary.. but you would have been quite justified to say 'Rubbish' ! or 'What are you on?' wink I'm still working on what I'm annoyed about Puzzled Think I was just being contrary for the sake of it - which I have a tendency to do when the winter sports'eco-warriors' appear. rolling eyes

I am genuinely surprised at the number of eco/environmental threads that start here - and they are not all started by DG either.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Actually, I agree with you Mr Evans about the skiing eco-warriors. That sort of stuff is really the preserve of middle class liberals who are in some sort of purgatory over their participation in the sport. What is laughable is the plethora of initiatives being instigated by the skiing industry to 'protect', 'preserve' and 'regenerate' the environment. This is nothing more than simple propaganda; a drop in the ocean of sustained environmental vandalism. If we're all so worried then why don't we simply stop skiing? But I suppose the damage to the Alps has already been done..........
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy