Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pedal-powered snowbike prototype unveiled

Poster: A snowHead
This prototype SnoMoBike ...

... differs from other ski bikes by being pedal-powered, so it's for cycling the flats or going gently uphill.

It was unveiled at a recent trade show in Salt Lake City, and is the work of a local company called Cheney Family Enterprises.

Here's the website: http://www.snomobike.com

There's not a lot of snow on that website, so not much evidence that it's a goer. The caterpillar track at the back looks a bit narrow for soft snow. Any other design impressions?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Goldsmith, Rubbish! Little Angel
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hmmm, very 'Innovations'. I don't this one would make it out the Dragons Den alive rolling eyes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
looks like it's based on a heckler...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Goldsmith, It looks quite interesting, but there does not appear to be much clearance between the large rear wheel and the frame. Soft claggy snow would build up and stop you in your tracks.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Looks like a Santy Cruz Superlight frame with an Avid disc brake on the back.

A Raleigh Chopper frame with tassles on the handle bars would of been better.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Do you ride a Raleigh Chopper around Vienna?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
At a guess the only places that thing is going to be rideable are langlauf tracks.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
... which would be bit like riding a bike down a tramline - you'd need very good balance indeed!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Especially since it looks as if 90% of your weight is going to be on that front ski whereas in tricky situations you'd want to unweight and lift over/out of the problem. Not a single pic of the beast on snow in the gallery on the original website. Look at the chain in the photo above - it's busted. Is this an elaborate wind up??? Is that a really disc brake on the rear hub??? Very strange rolling eyes
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
But does it have the potential - in principle - to be turned into something that would work?

Since caterpillar-tracked motorised vehicles are a reality (in various forms like snowcats, piste machines and snowmobiles), then a pedal-powered machine should be possible - no?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hmm it's the equivalent of a full suspension bike so a lot of power is going to go into that suspension plus the rear track is probably made of rubber or similar material which will be under tension so more effort there, it might work but I doubt it, looks suspiciously like a composite of a real bike frame with cgi add ons, it would have made more sense to use a front ski with a regular studded MTB snow tire
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
From a standing start on the flat, I doubt that you'd ever move, except on ice, which would bring its own challenges. Looks like a wind up to me.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David Goldsmith wrote:
...is the work of a local company called Cheney Family Enterprises.

Didn't they also invade Iraq?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Maybe it's a sandbike.
snow conditions
David Goldsmith wrote:
Do you ride a Raleigh Chopper around Vienna?

Yes but I'm looking for something with better snow performance hence the interest in this thread.

In summer couples can do a romantic tour of Vienna city in a romantic drawn carriage.
http://witze.net/funpics/transport/funpics.html
snow report
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:
David Goldsmith wrote:
...is the work of a local company called Cheney Family Enterprises.

Didn't they also invade Iraq?

Yes! ... and I'm told that Dick Cheney had a pedal-powered tank as a child
ski holidays
DB,

Thanks for that pic. Made my day.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
On a similar theme ....

ski holidays
Actually, DB, that whole set of 7 superb pics you hyperlinked above warrants a beer next time I see you. Would a half be OK?
snow report
I have a farmer friend who once sold a 6 week old calf to another guy and he took it home in the backseat of his car
snow report
For completeness' sake:

Wildfire

snow report
David Goldsmith wrote:
Actually, DB, that whole set of 7 superb pics you hyperlinked above warrants a beer next time I see you. Would a half be OK?

I found the pics/links first, how cheap do you think I am to be accept a bribe of half a beer so that you can use those links?

Make it a full pint and a packet of pork scratchings and you got yourself a deal.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy