Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head C210 snow and rock Package

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there I am looking for advice here. I am a fairly novice skier been a handful of weeks over the last few years still do ski school and can ski reds.

A ski package at snow and rock has just caught my eye.

Head C210 skis with Tyrolia SL210 Bindings
Head C poles
Edge 7.7 boots
& a ski bag

all for £269

The guy in the shop said that they would be fine for the level I sound for a season for 3 (only ski once a year), but he is a salesman. My height is 178cms and he suggested 163s.

I do not want to have a huge outlay on kit right at the moment so if the price starts creeping up then I will just hire again, we have been lucky with hire kit so far alwats been newish

So question is is it a good deal, are there any other deals out there that people know about that are worth looking at ?? or should I just stick to hiring a pair again for 50 notes ??, off end of feb 2006.

Thanks for any help

ZX81
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
zx812, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I'm a newish skier - 8 weeks, I've had boots since about my third or fourth trip, I've had my own skis for just my most recent trip. Bearing in mind I'm not an expert, the first thing I'd ask is "Do the boots fit?" If the boots aren't suitable for you then the deal is a little pointless!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi there Ian

Thanks for advice I will go try the boots, but these "come free" in effect if you add up the price of the separate parts, and I could sell them separately as new and unused.

Back to the ski's do you know if they are a good buy, I only really have until next weekend to make the buy or rent decision, so any insider info or owners reports about the ski's would be great.

The S & R catalogue rates them as 1 - 6 on their 1 - 10 scale which indicates that they would do me for a season or three??

Thanks again

ZX81 Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
zx812,

having skiied that model at last years industry test it is good value and should lst you for a while, but as Ian Hopkinson, says the boots are only any good if they are the right fit for you
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boots way more important than skis - personally I'd spend that money on a decent boot and rent skis for now - unless you hit the snow more than twice a year I seem to remember renting skis works out cheaper. If you want cheap skis (just because you want to own some, like me!) check out decathalon, they have last years C9s at £169, salomon streetracers at £199 and a couple of rossingols I didn't look too carefully at for £189 and £223.

On the other hand if the boots fit it's a good deal - As far as I know the C210 is a decent beginners all mountain ski, I think my beginner friend (snow plough just moving on to parallels on blues) skied it last year and it seemed to do the job, bit soft but then beginner ski's usually are! If you are a high speed cruiser I think you might find it a little too soft, but then I seem to like stiffer skis so that mght just be me...

aj xx
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ajhainey,

i would rate it a bit above how you describe it, there are no real beginners skis out there so to speak. if you put these on an edge they will hold on all but the slickest ice, the only reason it made it to the S&R range is becasue their guys skied it (almost to destruction) and it passed
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CEM, no problem - didn't see your ppost when I posted last time for some reason, I was in a bit of a hurry. 1st hand far better than second hand so I'm sure they are fine! Rereading I can see it sounds more scathign than I intended - I really meant entry-level I guess? My view was just based on the level the ski shop seemed to think they are and how squishy they seemed when watching my friends on them. The hire shop seemed to be classing them with the 'Big Easy', verso and some rossignol short/huge carve ski I haven't seen anywhere else, so I assumed they really were very 'first turns' skis?

On the more abstract point I've always thought some skis were bona fide 'beginners' skis tho' - to me it make sense if some skis are only suitable for experts others are suited to beginners? Not to say you can't ski on them at a higher level, just that they are not particularly suited to it...

aj xx
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi guys, thanks for all your help here, I have gone ahead and bought these.

The boots are great, I have a wide foot and there is loads of space in the toe box to accommodate.

The ski's have also been ugraded to the c210Si's all in all a great deal.

Off to Val Thorens at the end of the month can't wait.

ZX81
Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy