Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Soldeu - expensive?

Poster: A snowHead
Going to Soldeu in mid April for a week and wondering what to expect expense-wise? I thought Andorra was supposed to be rather cheap but from what I can find online, the only thing that's good value is alcohol. What should I expect to pay for lunch on the mountain, and meals in the evening? Staying in a hotel so don't have a kitchen to cook for myself

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was really suprised how expensive lift passes were inSoldeu
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@johnE, my six day (discounted) lift pass is half the price of my entire season pass somewhere else

Not even sure what will be open the last week of their season

Did you eat out in the evenings?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
After a lot of searching we found a self catering apartment so tried to eat in, but the resort shops only appeared to sell booze and actually getting food wasn't easy. We did eat out including one night in probably the best value restaurant in europe. It was a curry house with all you could eat and drink for 11 euros. Otherwise meals were about the same as we would pay in Les Arcs.

The same week my son and I were in Andora my wife was in Les Arcs. When we got back we compared notes. Les Arcs was slightly cheeper over all and would have been a lot cheeper if we had had to pay for our own transfers from Barcelona.

We actually had the better snow, however.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@johnE, yikes, doesn't sound good
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@moseyp, Not that bad actually I don't regret the visit at all.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There is a supermarket in El Tarter, Caves Manacor. It looks like a booze place but is fine for a week's shop.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Orange200, thanks but I'm in a hotel so I don't have a kitchen
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I was there recently, and have to say general prices in mountain restaurants were equivalent or higher than what I'm used to in Austria. Skiing was great though!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks @clarky999

Why does it have a reputation for being cheap - is it just the alcohol and shopping?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
moseyp wrote:
Thanks @clarky999

Why does it have a reputation for being cheap - is it just the alcohol and shopping?

I don't think there any independent mountain restaurants so the prices are set by grandvalira. There are many cheap places to eat and drink just off the mountain in the town/villages. I found Vallnord (Arcalis) the cheapest of the resorts for eating.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@dklemm, oh really? I have a car so happy to drive
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Grandvalira is the biggest resort but Arcalis is a hidden gem. I wouldn't recommend skiing Arcalis for the a week but defiantly worth a few days. Unfortunately its a different (but cheaper) lift pass. I stayed in Soldeu for 4 night and La Massana for 4 nights.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@dklemm, I don't have a choice re ski resort, it's Soldeu for six days but I'm happy to drive about 15 or 20 mins in the evening for a cheaper supper (I'm destitute)
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Defiantly don't drive to Arcalis for supper unless you want to eat snow and pine leaves! Plenty of cheap places to eat in Soldeu off the mountain. Some nice and cheap places in La Massana e.g. Mon Bohemi, but you really don't really need to go anywhere that far to find somewhere cheap.
ski holidays
@dklemm, when you say cheap.... my budget is about €10 each night
snow conditions
I'm used to Italian prices
snow conditions
You'll not get a three course meal for that but you'll get a beer and a burger/pizza for somewhere near.
snow report
I don't drink or eat meat but if I can get a salad or pizza for less than €10 I'll be happy!

What sort of prices should I expect to pay on the mountain?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy