Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mayrhofen 2018

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Help!

We really enjoyed Saalbach this year, met some nice people (Mr and Mrs Tatman) and we’ve started to think about next year… and Mayrhofen.

I have some queries that you kind folk could help with….

1. Crystal package – we’re looking at a package deal – when do Crystal normally have offers? At the moment it’s just a straight deal – I’ve previously seen 2 for 1 lift passes etc.
2. Mayrhofen – how noisy is it? Saalbach town centre was noisy – well in to the wee hours. We’re not party poopers but usually fed / watered and tucked up by midnight
3. Hotel suggestions – looking at these hotels - Berghoff / Pramstraller – slightly out of town so hopefully quiet.
Thoughts / experiences on
a) walking in and back with skiboots
b) getting the ski-bus
c) slope lockers
d) getting back after some apres (6 / 7pm)
e) hotel quality

Thanks folks

SM
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@shockingmoment,
Quote:

met some nice people (Mr and Mrs Tatman)

Blush Embarassed Blush Embarassed
Quote:

Saalbach town centre was noisy

Mention has been made previously on this forum about the inadvisability of light sleepers booking rooms in certain hotels that overlook the main street. As ever, location is all-important, and there are plenty of other options (always happy to advise).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mayrhofen's a great place. I've been there twice and although I didn't use Crystal on either occasion, I know they are well represented there. They also seem to have some good discounts at off peak times if you want to risk waiting to book until a month or so before your visit. FWIW the two places I stayed were Chalet St Lukas and Hotel Jagerwirt. Both were absolutely fine and the Jagerwirt was great value on HB, well positioned near both lifts and opposite the bus stop to the Hintertux.

I think it is somewhere that might be a bit noisy late on (we stayed out pretty late our selves, so didn't really notice), but if you are away from the centre I think you'll be OK. There are lockers at the top of the main gondola I think and if you hire from one of the shops opposite the Penken Gondola they have an option to leave your kit there too.

There's plenty of great Apres and good bars with varying degrees of carnage and loud or less load music (eg Ice Bar, Bruck & Stadl).

It's worth remembering that the lift pass covers the whole of Zillertal, so it is worth looking at accommodation near the railway station or a good bus stop, so that you can have an away day or two, without extra faff.

I'm sure you will have a great week. Good luck.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy