Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What might be causing morning stomach upsets in Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Old thread.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 17-10-22 10:53; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Ryunis, I would hope it hasn’t been going on for 5 1/2 years … Shocked
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
After 5 years I'd hope the OP has found a solution wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
One of the contributors all those years ago said "I was a tight @rse". Perhaps that did the trick.... Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I get a gippy tummy in the morning not infrequently when skiing, especially if I'm getting ready for an early start, teaching, taking groups out. It's pretty much correlated with stress (in the short-term sense of the word) and I put its physical cause down to adrenaline and strong coffee. I don't think it's altitude, 'cos I'd be used to that, and it's certainly not a specific food intolerance, cos it tends to happen before I've even eaten anything in the morning.

I do suffer from IBS from time to time anyway, and apparently it's not uncommon for sufferers to get these symptoms from a relatively low stress-related adrenaline surge. Knowing this, though, means that I can go out skiing without fear of it continuing through the day - once the surge is gone so are the symptoms.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try low FODMAP (short chain fermentable carbs in some fruit, veg, dairy, gluten, which in some cause IBS symptoms) - yes its a pain, yes it limits some foods you may not need to limit, but very effective at stopping IBS symptoms for many (including me when I travel).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It’s probably the local milk giving her the shits.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After years of having similar morning symptoms to yours - which always seemed worse when skiing.
And cutting out dairy , coffee etc - I finally decided wine was the culprit... was always worse the morning after a glass (or more).
And I used to drink plenty of wine when skiing (either free in chalet or a shared bottle with my wife in hotels) .

Have not touched a drop since around Feb this year and I am way better .

Fortunately - beer does not seem to cause any issues !

Not even missed it - I do not even like the taste now (am wondering if I ever really liked it that much) and the lack of a dilemma in restaurants about what wine to choose has been a bonus !
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@sheffskibod, My commiserations. Sad

Giving up wine would be far too high a price to pay. snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'd rather have immodium with my wine...

On a serious note I have suffered with this for a long time, I find that cutting out the traditional big breakfast helps as I never eat that much at home.

Small breakfast with water and a cup of tea plus a cereal bar for the first lift seems to sort me out.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Is there a common table condiment, like Aromat in Switzerland, that you only use in Austria? Aromat has MSG. Plus, I've found that some mixed condiments, like sriracha salt, while I love them, really play havoc with my gut. That took a while to figure out.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I am allergic or sensitive to continental lagers but I can drink real ale. I get massive migraines if I drink lager. There is definitely something specific to the larger making process as I know others get this. Have you looked at this?

All the best and hope you get to the bottom of this. (Oh Dear! Just re-read this. No pun intended!)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DPL wrote:
Is there a common table condiment, like Aromat in Switzerland, that you only use in Austria? Aromat has MSG.

Claimed associations between MSG and allergies or food intolerances have largely been discredited by the medical research community.

There are still a lot of 'medical' websites that repeat it, but studies have consistently failed to find any link between MSG and any of the various symptoms supposedly caused by it, including digestive issues.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
From the OP's own website, she claims to have a cure.

"...for some of us, no matter how much we love this activity, that gut-churning feeling of anxiety, fear and dread just won’t subside when we are faced with the daunting prospect of setting off down the hillside. These feelings can starts even before we get to the slopes, even before we get to the lifts, it often begins as we start to dress in morning for breakfast."

"You need change how your mind works and controls your body and it's reactions; that's where Sport Psychology through Hypnosis starts. This Self-Hypnosis session will help to change how your sub-conscious mind thinks about skiing."

https://www.selfhypnosisuk.com/confident-skier
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy