Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Bargain thread!

Poster: A snowHead
Nice hoodie for 8squids each, you can see why the high street's dead

https://www.sportsdirect.com/firetrap-brunel-full-zip-hoody-mens-534005?colcode=53400596
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
10% off everything on ebay today (Sunday 9th December) if you use the code PEACHY at checkout

Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just kitted out little Tango on sports direct (& a couple of bits for me)
Nevica ski jacket
2pr ski socks
Nevica ski gloves
2 Spyder mid layers
£100!
Pne of the spyder mid layers was reduced from £70 to £15
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I got junior a Spyder hoody thing from them. Looks really good.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Costco has some rather nice Mammut jackets & pants in at the minute, couldn't find them online, can't remember the price of the jacket but it was less than the pants which are £120.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Bit of a revival but this is a cracking deal:
https://www.privatesportshop.co.uk/ski-snowboard-special/2067488-all-mountain-skis-mens-daemon.html
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@JackSkier, there are a lot of cracking deals there!
I had never seen that shop...thanks
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
some good deals on rollersnakes.co.uk

bagged some burton snowboard socks for £7.50 a pair
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JackSkier wrote:
Bit of a revival but this is a cracking deal:
https://www.privatesportshop.co.uk/ski-snowboard-special/2067488-all-mountain-skis-mens-daemon.html

Thanks for posting, these sound like the previous version of the Mantra which I've used and loved. I'm 6'1", normally ski about 185. Anybody advise which to go for the 183 or 188?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Never skiied them, but there is some good advice here: https://blisterreview.com/gear-reviews/2017-2018-black-crows-daemon
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@JackSkier, thanks for the link. I'm seriously tempted to try them at that price. There's a deal with bindings. I'd need some bindings to suit otherwise.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I own a pair of Daemons and really like them: so easy to turn, yet feel very stable, and I'm glad I put a pair of Shifts on them as they're fine for short tours too. They're full reverse camber and so they do ski a little 'short'. If I were you I'd go for the 188cm.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for the info. I’m close to pulling the trigger on them but the Kastle MX89 are also tempting me. The MX89 come with bindings and seem a good deal. As a predominately piste skier but someone who’s finding I enjoy the softer stuff more and more especially on a wider ski I’m a bit torn.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@JackSkier, That link has proved expensive... Gone for the Kastle MX89 with Attack 13 Demo bindings in 180 and the Black Crows Daemons in 188
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The daemons seem to have gone from the site, which I’m almost thankful for given I’ve a wedding to pay for!
ski holidays
The sale has ended. I managed to bag a 10% discount code just before ordering so they were £135 which figured is cheap enough to try and should lose much if anything selling on.... that was my logic anyway
snow report
That is incredible! Tbf the sizes they had were prob bit long for me
snow report
Look spx dual wtr bindings - £68

Seems a decent price

https://www.snowandrock.com/p/look-look-spx-dual-wtr-b120-J1514628.html?colour=3651
latest report
https://www.glisshop.co.uk/goggles/smith/i_ox_strike_chromapop_sun_platinum_mirror_chromapop_yellow_flash-151405.html

Smith Chromapop i/ox for only £85 from Glissop. Extra 10% off cancels out delivery charge. Lots of love here for Oakley but these fit my helmet way better so I've placed my order.
latest report
See my post in off piste for a very cheap airbag pack.
snow report
https://www.sport-conrad.com/en/specials/tiefschneetage/tiefschneetage-fieberbrunn/apparel/tested-items/

Some big bargains on kit from the Sport Conrad test event. Norrona, ArcTeryx, Dynafit etc.
ski holidays
https://m.startfitness.co.uk/cycle/bike-wear/protection/scott-soft-cr-ii-cycling-back-protector-black-237211-1043.html

Cheap back protector, intended for cycling but I imagine would work for skiing too.
ski holidays
My boots are now on offer for £84.00!!!!!!!!
https://www.tiso.com/blue-fisc-1122430/fischer-viron-10-cf-white-anth-blue-fisc-1122430
My skis are now £170.40
https://www.tiso.com/spspw3bl0062/rossignol-m-experience-80-mens-orange-spspw3bl0062
latest report
EB's have just binned the price on some Dynastar Intense 12's. Great ladies skis at a bargain price:
https://www.ellis-brigham.com/dynastar-women-s-intense-12-xpress-skis-xpress-w-11-b83-ski-bindings-2018-2019-700848?FT20Feed=00002763&FT20Prod=700848900166&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=1o1&scid=scplp700848900166&sc_intid=700848900166&gclid=CjwKCAjwstfkBRBoEiwADTmnEALdlt0IXHBQA27if8cYSTCFRC6Zlelh7yjmy3XnDjEsPWA_CkM2FhoC0nQQAvD_BwE
ski holidays
Hey @spyderjon, thanks for the heads up I’ve been thinking about replacing my wife’s ski. My wife is 167cm tall, 11st (I’ll delete this but later hon) and upper intermediate. Currently skis a 152 Rossi temptation 80 and feels it might be getting to short for her. Would you recommend the 158 or 166? Cheers everso. D
snow report
@djf, most definately the 166cm.
snow conditions
@djf, erm... can't she replace her own skis and decide on the lenghth herself?

And she must be positively svelte at that height and weight.
snow report
Thanks both actually I think my maths was wrong she's more 164cm tall. So an inch shorter than originally thought but yep she is svelte Smile and does a fraction of the skiing I do and is way better than me.

TBH I was thinking of a TA DAAAAA I've bought you a present kind of thing.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Having looked at the reviews and I have now chatted it through together I think we’re gojng to look for something a little more all mountain. Thinking the lady equivalent of my brahmas so not off piste just a bit more flexible. Cheers for the info both.
latest report
element wrote:
https://www.sport-conrad.com/en/specials/tiefschneetage/tiefschneetage-fieberbrunn/apparel/tested-items/

Some big bargains on kit from the Sport Conrad test event. Norrona, ArcTeryx, Dynafit etc.

I took a punt on a couple of items. Despite these being from the test event, both appear untried and brand new with labels. Bit of a result at the price.
snow report
Havent seen these on sale before but privatesport.com have Dahu boots well priced. If I hadnt already bought new boots I would be very tempted.
ski holidays
50% off Oakley goggles at Sail and Ski in Chester for 48 hours only, if anyone is interested.
ski holidays
www.freezeproshop.com easter sale is on
ski holidays
Returning to my comment about Amazon selling Spikes Spider Sport snowchains recently, some of the prices have become very good value.

You need a chain to match your tyres and a fixing kit to match your wheel bolts.

For a Medium pair of chains with 17mm fixing bolts, Roofbox quote a price of £419.95 for chains and fix kit. Amazon's price (at the time of typing) is £43.86 for the chains and £50.57 for the fix kit - total £94.43.

If you need Large size, Amazon will charge nearly £200 more - but you can convert Medium to Large by buying three pairs of long links from Roofbox for £17.85 + delivery. Worth exploring the options!
snow report
odd collection of skis but some of these skis seem a bargain?

https://www.devonski.co.uk/collections/skis

the shop is on ebay as well

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/devonskishop/m.html?item=254219498321&hash=item3b30a9b351%3Ag%3A%7EEQAAOSwVO1czKJt&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

nothing to do with me, was looking for an dynastar x88 and just came across this.
snow report
Zorrac wrote:

nothing to do with me, was looking for an dynastar x88 and just came across this.

What size x88 are you looking for?
I have a pair of 186 I am about to sell
ski holidays
@snowrider, Thank you for the offer, but its the 180cm i am after
snow conditions
Alastair wrote:
Returning to my comment about Amazon selling Spikes Spider Sport snowchains recently, some of the prices have become very good value.

You need a chain to match your tyres and a fixing kit to match your wheel bolts.

For a Medium pair of chains with 17mm fixing bolts, Roofbox quote a price of £419.95 for chains and fix kit. Amazon's price (at the time of typing) is £43.86 for the chains and £50.57 for the fix kit - total £94.43.

If you need Large size, Amazon will charge nearly £200 more - but you can convert Medium to Large by buying three pairs of long links from Roofbox for £17.85 + delivery. Worth exploring the options!

Excellent find, but you need three pairs of long links per wheel ie 6 pairs. It's virtually the same price to buy two sets of medium chains from Amazon, cannibalise one pair to make large and have lots of spares!
latest report
@anarchicsaltire, quite right, my mistake - well spotted. I've previously bought a chain set from Amazon at a very low price for that reason!
snow report
50% off thermal baselayers and ski socks at Sail and Ski for 48 hours only. Falke SK2 socks £13.95. Bargain. Fill your boots. Pun intended. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy