Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

STEEP - videogame

Poster: A snowHead
This looks promising,

Open world mountain sports game set in the alps about skiing, snowboarding, wingsuiting, paragliding.

Comes out in December on the PS4/XBOX1/PC

trailer:

http://youtube.com/v/t32yR-SNW6s

gameplay:

http://youtube.com/v/Do5d4PAz4rA

latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
2:50 into the gameplay video.... that crunch! Shocked
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=125965#2901453&sid=7d59cb6e250a9e0852da5e71a5c8eccd
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks like I'm buying a PS4 then...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jnr has been talking about this game quite a lot. No doubt it'll be on his birthday list.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Jnr has the beta version of this downloaded. I've had a go, it's quite fun but after you've explored, had a go at everything and nailed some tricks I'm not sure how interesting it will be. I'm sure they'll come up with things.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There a hell of a lot of exploring to do though. I played the alpha a while back and the closed beta last week and was still exploring quite a lot...and that's without all the areas unlocked as Mont Blanc was still not part of the beta.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There is also game called SNOW which is available on Steam and will be released on ps4
http://www.snowthegame.com
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Haven't played snow in a while so not sure what the recent updates have added, however Steep is a much more complete and polished game. I do think they could have incorporated a few of the features from snow though, having some resort space would be good and snowmobiles for getting around too.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@hammerite, is the multiplayer running yet?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Right that's on the boy's Christmas list.

Sorry, son, Daddy will let you play in a minute. Just got to land this tricky bit...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@tomj, You've got to make sure it's age appropriate... there could be swears and stuff. Particularly from you if you wingsuit into that belltower.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mr Pieholeo's old firm.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Saw it at the ski show, looked pretty good although the snowboards appeared to hover.
It's no "Horace goes Skiing" though.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Seems Jnr has unlocked a load of stuff which makes the game more interesting (from my point of view!).

@tomj, there is swearing, when the dude is about to die because you've steered him off a cliff he lets you know in the poo form.

@Richard_Sideways, yes multiplayer is working. One of Jnr's mates managed to get a helicopter somehow and took a group of them up Mont Blanc in it.
snow report
Thanks for the pointers on language. Im not too worried about that, though. My boy is 12 and probably hears far worse language from me when I'm cooking! The game looks pretty good, and definitely more fun than yet another FPS.
snow conditions
I showed the wife the Steep demo playthrough at the weekend, and am taking her approving "Hmm" noise as tacit approval to go buy a PS4 with Steep... And something the kids can play... and Watchdogs 2.

Toofy Grin
latest report
I played the beta test on XB1 last week... It "looks" very nice but was bored rigid after about 15mins of playing. The controls were appalling as well. Hopefully the final release will be somewhat better but I wont be rushing to buy straight away.
snow report
@Spike107, yeah my feeling exactly I was very disappointed, the Snowboarding controls were awful, could hardly ollie, not much fun if you can't do any decent tricks.
ski holidays
I've been playing Steep for an hour or two today, either side of a bike ride, a family walk and some impromptu ping pong. Beautiful to look at. I actually just liked flying the paraglide the wing around looking at the landscape!

I don't think I've got the hang of the controls yet, just about managed to Ollie the snowboard, but haven't managed to work the natural half pipe features.

Boy loves it. Job done.
snow conditions
I'm really enjoying it. I just need to be careful I don't convince myself I can do all of that freestyle nonsense. I remember once when I'd played far too much Red Dead Redemption. I went out for a country walk in the real world and every time I saw a bird I got all twitchy cos my first reaction was to try to shoot it! Laughing
latest report
had a quick go of this a while back looks good but will not buy for PC till it is well under £20 due to how these company's trade. Not paying out nearly £30 for a game they say I can not resell when I have had enough even though I have every right to do so.
latest report
Big update today on Steep - 7GB of download included Alaska - which was originally included in the premium version.

Here is some Mont Blanc gameplay for you:
http://youtube.com/v/eOZfawhyi3s
snow report
Just pulled trigger on a PS4... me WANTEEEE!
ski holidays
Here is some Alaska gameplay, about 2 minutes in there is a bit in a fishing village, which is very pretty

http://youtube.com/v/j_fh7k6tj6I
ski holidays
i'm pretty sure that if I ever get around to learning to ski, that's what i'll look like...
ski holidays
They should include an 'Apres' level
ski holidays
*Finally* got around to playing Steep for the first time last night - wanted to a few days ago but oh no, had to download a colossal patch first rolling eyes Anyway, patched and ready to go and I got to say its a really engaging game. The skiing and snowboarding elements feel right, not too Tony Hawks or SSX focussed on being a trick monkey but lure you into the features of the terrain to explore. The wingsuit bit is interesting and good fun, plus always good for a few bone crunching oohs and aaahs, plus it's always funny when you forget you can't move around when standing there waiting to launch and perform a perfect flop onto the platform beside you by mistake. Paragliding... hmm. Possibly the weakest discipline IMV as it doesn't really feel like it's doing much compared to the others. Pretty though, but not exactly Pilot Wings.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Richard_Sideways, yeah the paragliding is dull most of the time. Sometimes the controls can be frustrating and some of the heavy landings annoying, but they've improved that with the patch.

The patch actually wasn't just a patch but a big update to include the Alaska area which was a welcome addition. I've virtually got my way through all the challenges and mountain stories so it was good to have something new to attempt.
snow report
paragliding is more for exploring and having a break in tempo, I actually quite enjoy it. It's definitely not as adrenaline inducing as the other options though!
ski holidays
I've only got an hour under my belt at the moment, so barely scratched the surface. Did realise that the DLC patch had Alaska in it too, fair enough, but the annoying thing was it wouldn't let you even play the game with the original content until you downloaded and applied the patch, which took AGES.
ski holidays
I agree that the paragliding is the weakest part of STEEP, but I do enjoy it - brings back happy memories of learning to fly on ridge lift in various parts of the UK. It could be so much better if they brought to bear even half of the physics computation that is applied to boarding & skiing.

I've only spent an hour or so on the new challenges in the Alaska region, but they certainly seem to be a lot harder than the Alpes.
snow conditions
tomj wrote:
I agree that the paragliding is the weakest part of STEEP, but I do enjoy it - brings back happy memories of learning to fly on ridge lift in various parts of the UK. It could be so much better if they brought to bear even half of the physics computation that is applied to boarding & skiing.

I've only spent an hour or so on the new challenges in the Alaska region, but they certainly seem to be a lot harder than the Alpes.

Here are all the drop zones

http://youtube.com/v/leZjELX1PAI
snow report
Free weekend coming up for those that want to try this:

https://steep.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/news/152-286195-16/play-steep-for-free-from-march-10-12
snow conditions
@Little Martin, I wish Ubisoft wouldn't do so many of these. Their servers are woeful at the best of times and when they get busy you may as well not bother. The other week they had a free weekend for Rainbow Six, the release of a game and an open beta for Ghost Recon.
latest report
Enough of us playing - any interest in setting up a SH group in Steep?
snow report
The 12 year boys of my acquaintance are loving this wink
latest report
@Richard_Sideways, could be good, although some of us probably on different platforms?

I'm on PC, SnoodyMcFlude on Steam.
ski holidays
Shouldn't matter as they all route back through the Ubisoft servers... I'll have a rummage.
ski holidays
@Richard_Sideways, if you set up a group, I'll join it. I get to play Steep about once a week, if I'm lucky, but it would be good to be able to play against other peeps from time to time.

Also, I pulled off a really cool wingsuit flight the other night and had nobody to share it with Sad

I'm new to Xbox and have no idea how online stuff works.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy