Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cham simulator

Poster: A snowHead
Don't have an airbag. Think your GoPro videos are a bit gash. Wouldn't have the balls to put on a wingsuit.

Fear not there is an answer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_678413015&feature=iv&src_vid=t32yR-SNW6s&v=Do5d4PAz4rA

Doesn't seem to have lock out your toes on your Dynafits mode or punch your way onto first bin mode yet.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This is the voice or the Mysterons...

I think their snowboarder needs a bit of practice in the powder.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, that's the first time I've even LOOKED at a computer game (not counting Scrabble) let alone played one. Given my ignorance, am I misguided in thinking it's quite cool? It's certainly scary!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well I think the cool bit could lie in how well they've mapped and rendered real life terrain - I'm certainly never going to ski down the Mallory in real life or wingsuit down the Matterhorn. I do hope they have a realistic human slalom challenge down the Pierre a Ric set at about 4pm.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Do they have a real time option so I could take my time and have wee breathers..... Puzzled
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Dave of the Marmottes, ...good game...

....real stuff:

http://youtube.com/v/kTzwvyzzfjk

F@@@@

When he dead
He dead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yep the follow cam is possibly even scarier

http://youtube.com/v/VxY527I862g

Not sure you get the luxury of having a bad day at work as a wingsuit proximity flyer.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I could do that... I'd be the one with the brown smoke trail Embarassed
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm seen a few wing suit vids, its absolutely terrifying... in fact it makes base jumping look rather pedestrian.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Didn't pick up on this thread. Looks impressive, Ubisoft have some power in the industry so will be interesting to see (in terms of physics) how this compares to Snow. Will also be good to see what it's like after a bit more development as I assume it's still in Beta. Can't watch the video with sound on but are they planning VR support?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No announcement on the VR support - and they probably would've pushed it as it's a bit of a Rainbow Unicorn of a feature at the moment... TBH not sure it'd be a pleasurable experience to try to pull VR quad-corks in your eyeballs when your body is staying still - not if you value your living room carpet... spoo
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Problem with VR is gravity - hard to simulate true feeling of airtime or pulling Gs in a headset. Not so important when you are predominantly running around slotting bad guys bit more important if you want wingsuiting to feel different from another Wipeout of Burnout style racer.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
While you won't eumulate the feeling, it does seem that a lot of people playing VR rate it highly. I saw video of a guy playing SNOW and it seemed like it added to the game. I think VR is about how you use it though. As Richard says I wouldn't want to be pulling a quad cork, but just ploughing through some powder in a beautiful environment would be enough to make the support worthwhile IMO.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The full effect it should contain scenes of stupidly expensive, rubbish coffee, followed by a trip to Italy.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
So I've ended up playing Steep for a coupla hours since it appeared on Gamepass.

Looks glorious but find controls frustrating and just not as fun/ bonkers as SSX. Maybe some of that is soundtrack?

Am I missing something or was it a bit of a turkey in practice hence why now on Gamepass?
ski holidays
@Richard_Sideways, pulling quad corks sounds painful! Mad Laughing
snow conditions
@Dave of the Marmottes, No, it's just old now - came out Dec'16, and I still dip into it now and again.
snow report
I’ve got it on the PlayStation. Nearest I got to skiing for a year.
snow report
Richard_Sideways wrote:
@Dave of the Marmottes, No, it's just old now - came out Dec'16, and I still dip into it now and again.

But I remember playing SSX On Tour years after Xbox360 came out and it still felt fun and exciting (maybe that was just the Iron Maiden!).*

I note that they have a delayed sequel called Rider's Republic which involves trashing US National Parks and wildlife in MTB races, sking, boarding etc etc with massive multplayer events. Didn't meet it's scheduled Feb release though which suggests it too has problems.

* Obviously "Back in my day they knew how to make a video game"; Kids today "Whatevah Grandpa! Check out this sick# thing I've done on Roblox"

#Obviously kids today don't use word "sick"
ski holidays
Thanks I'll stick with the real thing.
Cham is one of those rare places that it can get VERY exiting straight off the lift.
Not sure at what point reality becomes more intense than is EVER possible in VR?
Wallking the ridge without fixed ropes?
Skiing straight out the door?
Making that left turn into the north face?
Stepping into the void on your Parapont takeoff?
Rapping off the bridge?
Never done the wingsuit thing but gessing that gets real intsense realy quick?
For sense of achevement in an (almost) unreal setting, Swinging your legs over the railing of the back viewing deck of the Midi, having climbed the arete do Cosmiques?
snow conditions
[quote="Dave of the Marmottes"]
Richard_Sideways wrote:
@Dave of the Marmottes,

* Obviously "Back in my day they knew how to make a video game"; Kids today "Whatevah Grandpa! Check out this sick# thing I've done on Roblox"

#Obviously kids today don't use word "sick"

Is there anything more pointless.........drives me insane - cannot see the point
ski holidays
@FrediKanoute, just Roblox in particular, or is it Videogames in general? or the use of 'Sick' or other linguistic amusements?
ski holidays
Richard_Sideways wrote:
@FrediKanoute, just Roblox in particular, or is it Videogames in general? or the use of 'Sick' or other linguistic amusements?

Roblox - the games seem to have very little point.
snow report
@FrediKanoute, oh thats easy - the point of Roblox is to provide a simplistic 3D game development environment which allows people to create themselves a rich source of microtransactions for additional content.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy