Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Breuil-Cervina---- High Winds + Lift closures??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I fancied trying Cervina but one of our more experienced members of the group said it suffers from a lot of lift closures due to high winds .So we ended up in Selva part of the dolomites and guess what 3 of the 5 days had lift closures due to high winds.

I have read about the high winds in Cervina but does this only affect the Link lifts to Zermatt or most of the lifts on the cervina side of the mountain

thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been to Cervinia 4 times and and only remember links being closed a few days on one trip. Maybe we've been lucky! Went in March and early April. Do remember trying to get back down to resort level in extreme whiteout last time!

Love Selva and skied there 3 times and don't think any lifts were shut. you must have been really unlucky with the weather. 😬 And the Dolomites have Bombardinos! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My group went there on the 4th march..lifts closed for two days, when it was open ther was high winds... but depends when you go.. its high so you can expect a bit more wind than lower resorts i suppose ... id still go though..
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.

http://youtube.com/v/WdLB_gsIqVo
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Search and you should find another fairly recent thread discussing the same question.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was there the first full week in march this year. Our trip was very effected by the weather. A lot of snow 2 days causing very low visibility (and also links closed), 2 days of moderate winds (keeping links still closed and 1 day of hard wind (keeping everything closed).

Luckily enough there are alternatives near, like Pila and Torgnon.

And on the other hand, in 2015 and 2016 I was here in the same week and i think I've had just 1 day seen the link to zermatt closed, in total. You need a bit of luck (and bad weather in cervinia is in fact very bad weather) and a car helps you to mitigate the risks...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was there in January and the links were closed two days out of the six. Speaking to others there that seemed about average.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Whereas I spent a week in Cervinia in late Feb 2011. The weather was hot and sunny, the snow was slushy but there wasn't a breath of wind all week.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
chrisb wrote:
I was there in January and the links were closed two days out of the six. Speaking to others there that seemed about average.

Ditto, we were in Cervinia w/c 8th Jan and the links were only open for 2 days and they shut virtually all the lifts on the Sunday and Friday, we had to ski out of Valtourneche
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the responses
My main concern there would be no skiing at all on the cervina side
It looks like lift closures between Cervina and Zermatt is a distinct possiblity
but total lift closure on the cervina side is rare ??
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just to add some more experience, so you get an overall representative view: I've had a week there each of the last three years, all at Feb half term. Out of 21 days I can only remember one day when Cervinia was closed by winds. And one afternoon when about half the lifts were shut.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We were in Cervinia Feb 5th this year. On our first morning the wind was really strong, they closed the whole resort. It was so disappointing on the first ski day. They did open a small chair in the village after lunch, which got us out on the snow but was very busy, and only a very short run.

the links were also closed a few days, but we could still ski on Cervinia side. Out of 5 ski holidays this was the first time we lost ski time. Having said that, I loved the skiing in Cervinia!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy