Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

If week 1 is in Vemdalen, where should week 2 be?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My family are organising a week away at Christmas and we've booked a cabin in Vemdalen, Sweden. I'd have preferred somewhere Austrian, but my sister has been put off by tales of snow-free Christmas weeks, and has holidayed in late December/early January in Scandinavia for many years, and there was a cabin in Vemdalen large enough to accommodate everyone's room demands. The skiing is fairly limited here, but there will be enough for Christmas week as we will be catching up with family who are coming from the other side of the world, we'll be doing Christmassy stuff, and have a gaggle of small children who will be as happy tobogganing and building snowmen as they will skiing.

My sister will be staying on in Vemdalen for New Year week, other family will be returning home, and I am wondering what we should do. Options are to go home ourselves and then head over to Austria with friends for (expensive!) half term later on. This would need to be in half term. I know where we would go if we did this. Or spend another week somewhere else - I think it could be quite an adventure and I am unlikely to go to Scandinavia again for skiing. The question is where?

I would have between 5 and 8 days available to me, a hire car, and can fly out of any airport BA fly out of (so realistically limited to Stockholm or Oslo) as I can get Club seats with them through work meaning I get extra baggage allowance and therefore can take all the paraphernalia children need to make Christmas Christmas! (And whatever food/drink is needed, as I've read all about self catering in Scandinavia.)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The road from Vemdalen to Oslo airport goes through Trysil.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
3 hour drive up to Åre, the largest ski area in Scandinavia, and fly home from Ostersund or Trondhiem. Last year Easyjet flew direct from Gatwick to Ostersund from December to March. Or via Stockholm with BA.

I probably wouldn't go further north than Åre as it goes dark fairly early (3pm ish around Christmas) but that's not normally an issue with kids.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Self catering in Are was fine. Good supermarket right by the station.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy